Hi all, I do not usually use the aircon as my car is convertible and has the hod down 90+% of use and when its cold enough to be up I want the heater on as well as sometimes when the hood is down. I have noticed for some time that my heater will warm up on something like 22 degrees and just as its getting nice and warm inside the cabin it decides its too hot and starts blowing cooler into into the cabin and I have no idea why.
I have tried Syncing the heating, turning off the face vents and I have looked to see if I can adjust the cabin sensors but have not found a menu so far although it mentions it in the handbook. I do use the car all year as long as the weather is not too bad and there is not salt just been spread (unless I get caught out) as we know too well about the issues underneath the F type.
Any help and advice on sorting the temperamental heat output out would be most welcome.
Thanks
Heater is rubbish
Moderators:drjohnehunt100, mike020150
1973 signal red series 3 2+2 E type
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Heater is rubbish
All modern Jaguars are fitted with climate control so once the air in the internal temperature sensor reaches say, 22 degrees, the car will begin to reduce the temperature of the air entering the car so it can maintain the 22 degrees requested. The only way to continue receiving hotter air would be to keep increasing the set temperature. That said, if the change in temperature of the air through the heater is very rapid, it's possible the heater is not blending the hot and cold air as Jaguar intended, perhaps a blending flap is sticking or a temperature sensor isn't working correctly. Often in Jaguars, dirt on the in-car temperature sensor can cause such problems but, with care, the sensor can be removed from the dashboard and cleaned to restore its performance. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: Heater is rubbish
Hi Mike, I am running with aircon/climate off so does this still affect the normal heating situation? I have no idea where to find the sensor on the F type to clean it do you know where it is? I did go out today and ran temperatures 25 then 23 with outside temp of 14 and for some reason it blew warm for the whole trip, I was as usual hood down and although I was going to ring my Jaguar dealer tomorrow I may now just wait and see how it behaves in the coming weeks. I did read that the sensor can be adjusted but I have yet to find out where it is in the menu as even going through the handbook while searching the menu I still drew a blank!
Thanks
Colin
Thanks
Colin
1973 signal red series 3 2+2 E type
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Heater is rubbish
Hi Colin,
Typically, on modern Jaguars the in-car sensor is hidden behind small slots in the dashboard. Eg my XKR has three 2cm/3 cm slots to the left of the steering column. Other models have them sited on the right. I have yet to look for one on an F-Type so I can't give its precise location but I believe it too is to the right of the steering column. A small fan draws air through the slots and over the sensor located behind the dashboard. Dirt can slow the fan and result in delayed/erroneous responses etc to temperature change requests. These days, the in-car and external temperature sensors operate via ECUs so, on the plus side, the entire system can be diagnosed with the appropriate diagnostics. On the other hand, there are more bits to go wrong! Mike.
Typically, on modern Jaguars the in-car sensor is hidden behind small slots in the dashboard. Eg my XKR has three 2cm/3 cm slots to the left of the steering column. Other models have them sited on the right. I have yet to look for one on an F-Type so I can't give its precise location but I believe it too is to the right of the steering column. A small fan draws air through the slots and over the sensor located behind the dashboard. Dirt can slow the fan and result in delayed/erroneous responses etc to temperature change requests. These days, the in-car and external temperature sensors operate via ECUs so, on the plus side, the entire system can be diagnosed with the appropriate diagnostics. On the other hand, there are more bits to go wrong! Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: Heater is rubbish
Thanks Mike I will take a look now I know what to look for, The car has only done 11 1/2 K so hopefully not enough use for it to be the problem. I will look and shine a torch through the slots to see how it all looks otherwise it may be a trip to the dealer.
Regards
Colin
Regards
Colin
1973 signal red series 3 2+2 E type
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest