Hi,
This is just a rehash of a previous question, does anyone else have this problem with an early car ie pre2002.
AC works great until revs drop to 1200 rpm then the compressor declutches.
I contacted Marshalls of lincoln who say they can update the AC control unit IF their module will connect to such an old car, between £100 to £200 IF successful.
Brian
Idle declutch of air con compressor
Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5
MY2000 3ltr S type manual standard car with leather seats, cruise control and mistral blue metallic paint.
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
Re: Idle declutch of air con compressor
Having gone through a cut pump discharge pipe replacement, followed a week later by No5 engine bay fuse blowing and stopping the engine (it covers injectors, throttle actuator, fan and MAF sensor) chaffed through injector wire, now reinsulated. I'm now on the hunt for the AC clutch drop out.
With all codes cleared from the previous incident I am now getting B1257 Ambient air temperature sensor earth fault.
I have just found the sensor, removed it and it shows 184 ohms ie 0.065amps.
Does this fault codes indicate a common problem, or does it require body panels off looking for chaffed cables?
Again does anyone have one of the early cars with a working AC? if so does the AC work when the car is idling?
Is there anyone I can contact who knows the electronics of these cars, not just someone to read fault codes (I've done that!)???
Best wishes to all you suffering in this heat.
Brian
With all codes cleared from the previous incident I am now getting B1257 Ambient air temperature sensor earth fault.
I have just found the sensor, removed it and it shows 184 ohms ie 0.065amps.
Does this fault codes indicate a common problem, or does it require body panels off looking for chaffed cables?
Again does anyone have one of the early cars with a working AC? if so does the AC work when the car is idling?
Is there anyone I can contact who knows the electronics of these cars, not just someone to read fault codes (I've done that!)???
Best wishes to all you suffering in this heat.
Brian
MY2000 3ltr S type manual standard car with leather seats, cruise control and mistral blue metallic paint.
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
Re: Idle declutch of air con compressor
Well no replies!!
I had bought a dedicated Jaguar code reader for the earth fault and I simply kept clearing faults even though it said there were none. After doing this for half a dozen times it all worked, ie the clutch no longer declutches at idle.
Brian
I had bought a dedicated Jaguar code reader for the earth fault and I simply kept clearing faults even though it said there were none. After doing this for half a dozen times it all worked, ie the clutch no longer declutches at idle.
Brian
MY2000 3ltr S type manual standard car with leather seats, cruise control and mistral blue metallic paint.
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
