Alarm Category
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
I am doing my insurance renewal with Adrian Flux and it says theft cover applies only if I have a thatchem category 1 immobiliser. I recall being asked when I insured with them last year and I advised as far as I was aware it was a standard jaguar alarm. Does anyone know whether it is category 1 equivalent?
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Alarm Category
You will need to be sure how your broker/insurer views the standard alarm. There's always a risk that different insurers have different views on acceptability but for a standard car, Adrian Flux should have no trouble advising you. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S
Re: Alarm Category
Looking at the Thatcham website, ALL Jaguars since October 1994 have had category 1 (TC1), including the original XK8. This classification was revised to the more comprehensive Thatcham category TC2 for later models including the New XK from Dec 05, so you should be fine with the factory system whichever model of XK8 you have.
Brian
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
Re: Alarm Category
Thank you Brian can proceed with insurance with confidence now
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests