Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Moderator:cawthrm
- CliveRothwell

- Posts:286
- Joined:Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm
- Location:Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Contact:
So, the sunroof rattles. What is the cure on the Sportbrake please?
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Clive,
A quick Google suggests this as an answer. Worth investigation?
"I had a rattle in the roof area that I first thought was sunroof related.
Then, one day, while the rear light console was removed to change the globes, I noticed a plastic wiring plug just fore of the light console sitting rather loosely on the roof lining and fairly obviously rattling against the metal roof. I jammed it tight with a bit of foam rubber, no more "sunroof rattle" ever since!"
Hope that helps.
Mike
A quick Google suggests this as an answer. Worth investigation?
"I had a rattle in the roof area that I first thought was sunroof related.
Then, one day, while the rear light console was removed to change the globes, I noticed a plastic wiring plug just fore of the light console sitting rather loosely on the roof lining and fairly obviously rattling against the metal roof. I jammed it tight with a bit of foam rubber, no more "sunroof rattle" ever since!"
Hope that helps.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
- CliveRothwell

- Posts:286
- Joined:Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm
- Location:Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Contact:
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Tomorrow's task then Mike - -thank you!
- CliveRothwell

- Posts:286
- Joined:Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm
- Location:Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Contact:
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Finally sorted! Jaguar Customer Relationship Centre eventually agreed that the fault was done during manufacture and so replaced 3 broken clips free of charge. This involved removing the headlining so it was not a short task and not cheap.
Moral of the story, if it isn't covered under warranty, write a polite letter to JCRC and ask for their help and advice.
Do you know, it has transformed the enjoyment of the car!
Moral of the story, if it isn't covered under warranty, write a polite letter to JCRC and ask for their help and advice.
Do you know, it has transformed the enjoyment of the car!
- CliveRothwell

- Posts:286
- Joined:Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm
- Location:Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Contact:
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Or so I thought - the rattle returned and is as bad as ever. Anybody want a Sportbrake?!
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Take it back........
Why is it that so many modern Jaguars have roof issues?
Mike
Why is it that so many modern Jaguars have roof issues?
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
- CliveRothwell

- Posts:286
- Joined:Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm
- Location:Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Contact:
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Dare I say it: possibly built down to a price or poor development and testing in an attempt to get new cars launched quickly? A brief trawl of the various Jaguar social media sites has plenty of issues regarding sunroofs in particular. This really is an own goal for Jaguar as it does lead to poor customer satisfaction. I've owned older Jaguars for the past 12 years with a new X type from new. All have had issues but nothing that apparently cannot be solved and that is SO irritating. If the car wasn't so jammed with airbags, I'd have had the headlining out of the car by now myself!
You are right, I will let the dealers have another go at it once we get a bit more warm weather and I recover a bit from Prostate cancer therapy. I'm not really up to doing battle with them at present and to be honest, I've not been driving the car due to the amount of salt on the roads. All that combined with the fact that the rattle making is so unpleasant to drive, I'm simply not enjoying my retirement present vey much at all.
Still, it could be worse! Happy motoring.
You are right, I will let the dealers have another go at it once we get a bit more warm weather and I recover a bit from Prostate cancer therapy. I'm not really up to doing battle with them at present and to be honest, I've not been driving the car due to the amount of salt on the roads. All that combined with the fact that the rattle making is so unpleasant to drive, I'm simply not enjoying my retirement present vey much at all.
Still, it could be worse! Happy motoring.
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Chin up, Clive.
Sad to say quite a few of us getting problems now. Fortunately, despite what one hears about in the media, the NHS does perform well if the going gets tough. I can say that because my 89 year old Father had double pneumonia and heart failure in November and miraculously survived albeit rather weakened. There is hope for us all. Remember the summer is coming and things seem rather better when there is blue sky, sun and heat.
Perhaps the supplying dealer could come and collect the car?
Mike
Sad to say quite a few of us getting problems now. Fortunately, despite what one hears about in the media, the NHS does perform well if the going gets tough. I can say that because my 89 year old Father had double pneumonia and heart failure in November and miraculously survived albeit rather weakened. There is hope for us all. Remember the summer is coming and things seem rather better when there is blue sky, sun and heat.
Perhaps the supplying dealer could come and collect the car?
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
- CliveRothwell

- Posts:286
- Joined:Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm
- Location:Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Contact:
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
Thanks Mike. If the main dealer was a good as the care I got in Peterborough City Hospital, the car would be flippin' fantastic!
Message to all members with a history of prostate cancer in the family, get checked when you hit 50.
Message to all members with a history of prostate cancer in the family, get checked when you hit 50.
- CliveRothwell

- Posts:286
- Joined:Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm
- Location:Stamford, Lincolnshire
- Contact:
Re: Rattling sunroof on 2013 Sportbrake
And FINALLY.............it goes in for a full sunroof assembly replacement on Thursday! Parts cost approx £1150 and 5 hours labour. Lets hope it cures the rattle for their sake as it's a warranty item thankfully. I'll report back if it does cure the rattle.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
