Re-colour ambla seats

Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx

User avatar
broughworld
Posts:12
Joined:Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:31 am
Location:Nottinghamshire
Re-colour ambla seats

Postby broughworld » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi Does anyone know if this is possible? I've seen dyes etc. for leather seats but was wondering if this could also be done successfully to Ambla. Any recommendations or otherwise for products would be welcome.

Cheers.
1963 mk2 3.4 mod imperial maroon.

PPV

Member
Posts:639
Joined:Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 pm
Location:Nantwich

Re: Re-colour ambla seats

Postby PPV » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi, I haven't tried it on Ambla but I have re-coloured vinyl seats in a Vauxhall I had. I used at the time a vinyl spray from Halfords and have done the same in my Mk2 on the back shelf. Both worked fine as long as you cleaned them first to ensure no silicons on the surface. I wiped mine with thinners but you have to be careful on plastics, perhaps white spirit would be ok.
Regards,
Paul V
Mk2 3.8
Nissan Micra K13
Porsche Macan S

User avatar
Tintin

Member
Posts:561
Joined:Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 am

Re: Re-colour ambla seats

Postby Tintin » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:54 am

I wiped mine with thinners but you have to be careful on plastics, perhaps white spirit would be ok.
Where there is a risk of an adverse reaction I use brake cleaner - wonderful stuff with so many cleaning uses.

Robbie
1996 4 litre XJS Celebration 2+2
Daimler Sovereign S1 4.2 1971


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests