Hi
I am not having much luck tracking down upper and lower rear seats for my series 2.
I know series 3 front seats are different, but does anyone know if the series 3 rear seats are the same as series 2?
Series 3 interiors seem to be more plentiful than series 2, but I don't want to buy a series 3 rear seat and find it does not fit.
Thanks.
Daimler Sovereign S2 rear seats
Moderator:LJR
- BrizzleJag

- Posts:195
- Joined:Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:06 pm
- Location:Bristol
Re: Daimler Sovereign S2 rear seats
Not sure what colour code you need but you can get them re-coloured are these any use http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XJ40-X ... 0009.m1982 good luck
X100 XKR Pacific Blue Mods: EBC discs yellow stuff pads, Stainless Steel back pipes, Hel braided hoses
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
XF-S 3.0d Portfolio Caviar Metallic
Palmer Jaguar Cosworth JP1 3.0 V6
Re: Daimler Sovereign S2 rear seats
Thanks for the link but these seats are a different style.Not sure what colour code you need but you can get them re-coloured are these any use http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-XJ40-X ... 0009.m1982 good luck
Re: Daimler Sovereign S2 rear seats
Harry,
I know the roof line altered between the Series 2 and 3. I'm fairly confident that the rear seat pan , vertical panel between the cabin and boot are the same and that the rear wheel arches protrude into the cabin the same amount. So on that basis I recon a series 3 seat would fit the back of a series 2.
If I were a betting man would I put money on it being identical. I would have to think long and hard about that one !
So, all I can say is that the above is my best guess. If you find what you want hopefully the seller would let you trial fit.
Do let us know how you get on
I know the roof line altered between the Series 2 and 3. I'm fairly confident that the rear seat pan , vertical panel between the cabin and boot are the same and that the rear wheel arches protrude into the cabin the same amount. So on that basis I recon a series 3 seat would fit the back of a series 2.
If I were a betting man would I put money on it being identical. I would have to think long and hard about that one !
So, all I can say is that the above is my best guess. If you find what you want hopefully the seller would let you trial fit.
Do let us know how you get on
Re: Daimler Sovereign S2 rear seats
Hi Oldtimer
On one of my many previous series 2 xj's, I did actually fit rear seats from a series 3.
There seemed to be a conflict between the door pockets contacting the seat base, as if the seat base was too wide and too high.
It may have just been those individual seats though.
Come to think of it, the door pockets / armrests may be different from series 2 to 3, so the series 3 seats may have conflicted with the series 2 door pockets.
It would be interesting to see if anyone else has done it before successfully.
On one of my many previous series 2 xj's, I did actually fit rear seats from a series 3.
There seemed to be a conflict between the door pockets contacting the seat base, as if the seat base was too wide and too high.
It may have just been those individual seats though.
Come to think of it, the door pockets / armrests may be different from series 2 to 3, so the series 3 seats may have conflicted with the series 2 door pockets.
It would be interesting to see if anyone else has done it before successfully.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests