Lynx XJS Spyder

Moderators:davidr, BigCatXJS, dhdove

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:
Lynx XJS Spyder

Postby poprivet » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:17 am

I came across a 1981 car magazine with an advert that I thought might be of interest.

£6,950 + VAT on top of the cost of a new/nearly new XJS would have been a vast amount of money at the time especially when you look at the other adverts on the page, E types and Aston Martin DB5 for £4,500 and various pre-war Austins from £750 (Holds head in hands and cries :x )

The reg of the one in this advert is EUT 115T a similar advert in another magazine shows OAC 975P I hope they survived?

Image

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Lynx XJS Spyder

Postby ptjs1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Pop,

I love the prices of the cars in the advert! I'd love to buy a selection of those with £20k!

EUT115T seems to have dropped off the radar but OAC975P seems to be on SORN.

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

XJR-S

Member
Posts:198
Joined:Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Re: Lynx XJS Spyder

Postby XJR-S » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:15 pm

It does make me sad to see the prices of these cars, I've got a pile of old car mags. Even in the early 00s, you could get a countach for 40k! They are 250k+ now.
1992 XJR-S 6.0L JaguarSport Tuned V12

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Lynx XJS Spyder

Postby poprivet » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing.

Would anyone care to guess what affordable car available today might be super valuable in another 35 years time? (Not that I will be around to benefit from it :( )

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: Lynx XJS Spyder

Postby J44EAG » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:55 pm

You know what I will say....X350R with all bells and whistles!

I saw a reasonable brown 72 Triumph 2.5 PI on the Brightwells listing the other day. Had some suspension mods, MiniLites, 6-3-1 manifold, injection uprates etc. Downside were front orange and ochre Corbo seats. In good nick with MOT, it sold for 4k plus charges and VAT. Those cars are getting rare and hard to source now. One of my favourites. Wish I had never sold my white example.

Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests