Hi
Can anyone advise if decent tailored boot liners / mats can be bought anywhere? All I have found so far are the "universal" cut to fit type, and previous experience has not been great with those.
Terry
X100 boot liners
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Re: X100 boot liners
Have a look at rimmers, here http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID300294
There are two versions, maybe x100 / x150 but I am sure a call to them should point you in the right direction.
Just seen this one but I think this maybe an X150 version, maybe worth the email to them..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-JAGUA ... SwneRXRE~F
There are two versions, maybe x100 / x150 but I am sure a call to them should point you in the right direction.
Just seen this one but I think this maybe an X150 version, maybe worth the email to them..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-JAGUA ... SwneRXRE~F
XK8 MY2002
Re: X100 boot liners
Rimmers, I didn't think of them. Looks the ideal solution. I carry a Brompton and want to protect the carpets.
Yes the ebay one is X150, have seen that in 2 or 3 places, the ebay one us a bargain I think for someone.
Thank you, thats a big help.
Terry
Yes the ebay one is X150, have seen that in 2 or 3 places, the ebay one us a bargain I think for someone.
Thank you, thats a big help.
Terry
Re: X100 boot liners
Ah, a Brompton, I see, does that fit in easily into the XK8 boot then?
or does it take a bit of manoeuvring?

or does it take a bit of manoeuvring?
XK8 MY2002
Re: X100 boot liners
Yes its an easy fit, even with a full size spare in the boot. If it didn't I'd have been in trouble, I use car and Brompton every day for work etc. Saw a tatty XKR in a local dealer so asked if I could try the Brommie in the boot, he was intrigued about the bike so let me try it for size.
Re: X100 boot liners
According to the literature I have the Boot Lining Part Numbers for the early ('96) XK8 are:
JLM 20095 with Space Saver
JLM 20096 without Space Saver
Same cost for each in '96 £81.46 (incl. VAT)
& for the '03 MY
C2S 4497 with Space Saver
JLM 20868 without Space Saver
Sorry, I don't know what the differences are (apart from the earlier one has both JAGUAR & XK8 branding and the later only JAGUAR branding) or the VIN of the change should there be other differences.
Good Luck
AllanJ
JLM 20095 with Space Saver
JLM 20096 without Space Saver
Same cost for each in '96 £81.46 (incl. VAT)
& for the '03 MY
C2S 4497 with Space Saver
JLM 20868 without Space Saver
Sorry, I don't know what the differences are (apart from the earlier one has both JAGUAR & XK8 branding and the later only JAGUAR branding) or the VIN of the change should there be other differences.
Good Luck
AllanJ
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
Re: X100 boot liners
Its the JLM20868 thats listed as still available, on both rimmers and the JH site, rimmers say its suitable from VIN 031303, so I should be ok.
Will report back when I have it.
Terry
Will report back when I have it.
Terry
Re: X100 boot liners
To complete the information for future use:
VIN ...031303 is the commencement of Model Year 1999
Regards
AllanJ
VIN ...031303 is the commencement of Model Year 1999
Regards
AllanJ
XK8 Registrar
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
2016 F-Type British Design Edition AWD; 1972 650 Triton
Re: X100 boot liners
The boot liner arrived on Friday from Rimmers.
It fits, but is a little strange in its design though
It also comes with a soft mat, presumably to stop kit sliding about on the plastic liner.
It fits, but is a little strange in its design though
It also comes with a soft mat, presumably to stop kit sliding about on the plastic liner.
Re: X100 boot liners & does a Brompton fit
And to answer the Brompton query....
Yes it does, easily I'm pleased to say
Yes it does, easily I'm pleased to say
Re: X100 boot liners
When you say strange in design do you mean it's got bumps where it shouldn't have even though it fits the boot area?
I presume, looking at the pics, it doesn't fit down into the well, just flush on main floor?
Is the mat a "sticky" design to stop sliding on the plastic / rubber ? tray .
The bike fits a treat
I presume, looking at the pics, it doesn't fit down into the well, just flush on main floor?
Is the mat a "sticky" design to stop sliding on the plastic / rubber ? tray .
The bike fits a treat
XK8 MY2002
Re: X100 boot liners
The tray only fits the main floor, there was another version that went down into the well created by having a spacesaver fitted, but I belive there are no stock of that version available.
By odd design I'm refering to the missing bit on the left behind the wing, and on the right it looks a bit odd where it butts up to the CD player, it could have been a lot neater I feel. Don't get me wrong, its good, I'm just nit pucking a little.
Yes the mat is a sticky rubbery woven concoction. I used it today first time with the Brompton aboard, it weighs 28lbs, and didn't move an inch. I wasn't throwing the car around but I am sure it would have slid about without the mat.
With the Brompton aboard there is still a fair bit of space for other "stuff". And the bike is easy to lift in and out of the boot. Easier than into the mk5 astra at any rate!
By odd design I'm refering to the missing bit on the left behind the wing, and on the right it looks a bit odd where it butts up to the CD player, it could have been a lot neater I feel. Don't get me wrong, its good, I'm just nit pucking a little.
Yes the mat is a sticky rubbery woven concoction. I used it today first time with the Brompton aboard, it weighs 28lbs, and didn't move an inch. I wasn't throwing the car around but I am sure it would have slid about without the mat.
With the Brompton aboard there is still a fair bit of space for other "stuff". And the bike is easy to lift in and out of the boot. Easier than into the mk5 astra at any rate!
Re: X100 boot liners
So a thumbs up recommendation then !!
I currently have a sort of loose boot tidy in the well but this looks like a better solution
I currently have a sort of loose boot tidy in the well but this looks like a better solution
XK8 MY2002
Re: X100 boot liners
Aye I like it. A lot of dosh though.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

