Ramps and underfloors !

Moderators:MarkX, mike020150

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Re: Ramps and underfloors !

Postby mike020150 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:57 pm

That's a good job well done and must have put your mind at rest. Parts of the body were indeed constructed of zincro steel (I think that was the trade name given to the zinc coated panels) but even zinc protection doesn't last forever so a good old fashioned dousing with a wax based protectant is never going to be a wasted task. Now you can get on with enjoying the driving! Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

User avatar
PTR200Jag
Posts:549
Joined:Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:03 pm
Location:Lancashire

Re: Ramps and underfloors !

Postby PTR200Jag » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:01 pm

Mike, Thanks for the information on the "zincro" steel, looks like its done its job pretty well, as it happens I have a fault on the CD changer now :roll: so just taken mech out and I can see the right rear arch from the inside and once again very clean but its going to get sprayed before I put it all back !
XK8 MY2002


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest