If anyone is interested, I have provisionally booked a forum visit to this establishment:
The National Tramway Museum
Crich Tramway Village, nr Matlock,
Derbyshire, DE4 5DP
www.tramway.co.uk
I am hoping to include parking with classic cars & afternoon tea.
Further update when final details 'ironed out'.
National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Good looking day out there Pops!
Something for all the family too!!
Hope you get a good turn out.
James
Something for all the family too!!
Hope you get a good turn out.
James
James
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
in the diary
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Update for this visit:
Parking all together (providing we all drive in together, so will have to organize somewhere to meet up beforehand) and on display 'in the village' - subject to confirming with the museum how many of us will be going ( as there is supposed to be a classic car event that day).
The prices I have been quoted (hopefully they won't change):
Adults - £9.00
Seniors (60+) - £8.00
Children (4-15) - £5.00
The bonus is that for every car that is displayed - the driver gets in free!
The museum opens at 10am, so ideally we'd want to get there for then.
If we want to have an afternoon tea (about 2.30pm) in a room to ourselves, it will be £12.50 per person.
Parking all together (providing we all drive in together, so will have to organize somewhere to meet up beforehand) and on display 'in the village' - subject to confirming with the museum how many of us will be going ( as there is supposed to be a classic car event that day).
The prices I have been quoted (hopefully they won't change):
Adults - £9.00
Seniors (60+) - £8.00
Children (4-15) - £5.00
The bonus is that for every car that is displayed - the driver gets in free!
The museum opens at 10am, so ideally we'd want to get there for then.
If we want to have an afternoon tea (about 2.30pm) in a room to ourselves, it will be £12.50 per person.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
- raysearles

- Posts:397
- Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
I am going to put it in my diary and will update you on availability nearer the time, the Morgan trip was great so this should be a good runout too.
Cheers
Cheers
Ray
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
This will make a nice day out. In the diary - will firm-up closer to the time. Hopefully will be my XJ40 else XJS 
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Just an update for everyone.
Prices are in fact as follows:
Driver is free (if displaying vehicle);
Adult is £10;
Senior is £9;
Child is £6.
I haven't made further enquiries about afternoon teas (at £12.50 each) as I thought it might put people off by bumping up the costs - anyway I'm sure we can congregate somewhere together to 'refuel'!!
If you are interested, please email me at:
steve.howard@jec.org.uk
and I will send you the booking form & conditions - can't send pdf's on here!
The Event (on the form) is 'Car Rally' - Jaguar Enthusiasts Club X300 Forum & the date is Sunday 15th May 2016.
Please let me know when you have prebooked, so I can have some idea of how many of us are attending.
Many Thanks.
Prices are in fact as follows:
Driver is free (if displaying vehicle);
Adult is £10;
Senior is £9;
Child is £6.
I haven't made further enquiries about afternoon teas (at £12.50 each) as I thought it might put people off by bumping up the costs - anyway I'm sure we can congregate somewhere together to 'refuel'!!
If you are interested, please email me at:
steve.howard@jec.org.uk
and I will send you the booking form & conditions - can't send pdf's on here!
The Event (on the form) is 'Car Rally' - Jaguar Enthusiasts Club X300 Forum & the date is Sunday 15th May 2016.
Please let me know when you have prebooked, so I can have some idea of how many of us are attending.
Many Thanks.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Here is a link to my dropbox for the correct booking form:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x6l64274jlu ... _PPga?dl=0
Please remember to let me know your name & car details when you have booked.
Thanks,
Steve.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9x6l64274jlu ... _PPga?dl=0
Please remember to let me know your name & car details when you have booked.
Thanks,
Steve.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Hi everyone,
Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about our up and coming visit.
I trust you have all received your tickets and windscreen passes?
May I suggest that we meet up at 1 point and drive in together - that way we should get to park up all together!
There doesn't appear to be any safe places to congregate near to the museum, so may I suggest meeting at the BP Stanwick Services, just off the A38 - for 9.30am?
This is about 15 minutes from the museum - and you can refuel - if you need to!!
A map can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hp0au7k38lh6 ... 9.doc?dl=0
The meeting point is 'A' on the map.
If anyone knows anywhere better, please feel free to speak up beforehand.
My mobile number is 07814 429606 - take it with you, just in case you have any problems on the day.
The only list of attendees I have is:
1. Myself & Angie
2. Richard & Sue Bowles + 2
3. Ken Lea + 3
4. Phil Dyer
5. Gary Knight + 1 (TBC)
If anyone else has pre-booked with the museum (and are attending with us) please let me know.
Thanks.
I hope that meets with everyone's approval & look forward to meeting you all on the day.
Best Regards,
Steve.
Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about our up and coming visit.
I trust you have all received your tickets and windscreen passes?
May I suggest that we meet up at 1 point and drive in together - that way we should get to park up all together!
There doesn't appear to be any safe places to congregate near to the museum, so may I suggest meeting at the BP Stanwick Services, just off the A38 - for 9.30am?
This is about 15 minutes from the museum - and you can refuel - if you need to!!
A map can be found at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hp0au7k38lh6 ... 9.doc?dl=0
The meeting point is 'A' on the map.
If anyone knows anywhere better, please feel free to speak up beforehand.
My mobile number is 07814 429606 - take it with you, just in case you have any problems on the day.
The only list of attendees I have is:
1. Myself & Angie
2. Richard & Sue Bowles + 2
3. Ken Lea + 3
4. Phil Dyer
5. Gary Knight + 1 (TBC)
If anyone else has pre-booked with the museum (and are attending with us) please let me know.
Thanks.
I hope that meets with everyone's approval & look forward to meeting you all on the day.
Best Regards,
Steve.
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Hi Steve,
Just a quick note to say thanks for organising this. The family and I had a great day and its was good to meet and greet folks.
Cheers, Rich
Just a quick note to say thanks for organising this. The family and I had a great day and its was good to meet and greet folks.
Cheers, Rich
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Hey guys,
Great weather for it, hope it all went well. Pictures always appreciated if you can
Thank you Steve for organising what sounds like a great day for members.
Cheers
James
Great weather for it, hope it all went well. Pictures always appreciated if you can
Thank you Steve for organising what sounds like a great day for members.
Cheers
James
James
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
Re: National Tram Museum, Sunday 15th May 2016
Glad you and your family enjoyed it Rich.
I've attached a link to my dropbox with a few photos in it!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7pywrxt62j6c ... WI8Ua?dl=0
I didn't get a great deal of photos as too busy riding on the trams and perusing over the 200 cars on display!!
I've attached a link to my dropbox with a few photos in it!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7pywrxt62j6c ... WI8Ua?dl=0
I didn't get a great deal of photos as too busy riding on the trams and perusing over the 200 cars on display!!
2003 X350 XJR - daily driver
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
--------------------------------
Past vehicles:
1996 3.2 XJ6; 2004 2.7D Sport; 1996 4.0 LWB Sovereign;
1994 2.9 XJ40; 1978 5.3 Series 2 LWB
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
