Hi all.
Does anyone have any experience of AutoDab (http://www.autodab.com) audio products.
This company makes/supplies audio products to integrate DAB radio into the standard fit audio kit. Their website states a kit for S Types is available but I have yet to make any deeper enquiries. I listen to DAB radio quite a bit and would like to add to my vehicle, but I don't want any non standard kit visible, trailing wires etc. So it does need to integrate completely
Anyone have any experience here or any alternative suggestions.
Thanks.
Martin
Aftermarket fit DAB radio
Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5
- raysearles

- Posts:397
- Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Re: Aftermarket fit DAB radio
Hi Martin,
See my posts on the new XJ 2009+ forum, recently upgraded my X351with an AutoDab kit supplied by Carcommunications via a mobile service. Cost was about £200 because I had an external aerial fitted to supplement the coverage.
Happy with it so far, based on a few weeks usage. The small controller is easy to mount discretely on the dashboard.
Any questions I will be happy to try and provide an answer....
Regards
See my posts on the new XJ 2009+ forum, recently upgraded my X351with an AutoDab kit supplied by Carcommunications via a mobile service. Cost was about £200 because I had an external aerial fitted to supplement the coverage.
Happy with it so far, based on a few weeks usage. The small controller is easy to mount discretely on the dashboard.
Any questions I will be happy to try and provide an answer....
Regards
Ray
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: Aftermarket fit DAB radio
for full unseen integration , the remote could be place in the glovebox , or the armrest cubby ?
DAB is made for static receivers , in other words houses,
and though cars with DAB can pickup the signal, the supplementary aerial is almost essential for a clean service with no dropout for any retro fit scenario..
BB
DAB is made for static receivers , in other words houses,
and though cars with DAB can pickup the signal, the supplementary aerial is almost essential for a clean service with no dropout for any retro fit scenario..
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Re: Aftermarket fit DAB radio
I still get dropouts on the DAB in my modern Volvo and its fitted as standard! Like all new technologies it offers lots of extra functionality but all too often is built on a less robust platform. The same applies to mobile phones. Dropped my call 6 times going round the M25 tonight. Modern smart phones are very clever at doing all manner of things but theyre so busy adding functions to them that they've forgotten we want to talk on them! Now they're clever pocket computers and rubbish phones.
Thankfully I can still get AM in my Volvo so I can listen to Test Match Special without any interruptions (apart from the shipping forecast!)
Sometimes the old ways were better!
Thankfully I can still get AM in my Volvo so I can listen to Test Match Special without any interruptions (apart from the shipping forecast!)
Sometimes the old ways were better!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
