Is this forum running

Moderators:iRS, Art1012

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk
Re: Is this forum running

Postby lowebird » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:40 am

Art,
As a very new owner of an E-type, I am glad that you are working to ensure the forum continues, I will be an avid reader and, hopefully, as I learn more about the car and the members who own one, a contributor to it.
As the season starts to get under way I am sure things will improve however, we do of course have to compete with the E-Type Club which is model specific and perhaps is where most owners look to for all things relating to these cars.

Reg

RichGK
Posts:18
Joined:Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: Is this forum running

Postby RichGK » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi Reg
welcome to E Type Ownership…

I have to say I am a member of both clubs…. and its simply great that the JEC have a co-ordinator who wants to get things moving along…

I have only had my E type a couple of years..but it is really great to be able to chat and access knowledge in a club such as this..

When you get your car I hope you will post some pictures of us all to enjoy.

Regards

Rich
2007 S Type SE 2.7D
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Is this forum running

Postby lowebird » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Hello Richgk,

I have only recently felt comfortable with putting words on the site, I still have to master the process for putting photos on it as well but rest assured I will endeavor.

Reg

Art1012

Moderator
Posts:53
Joined:Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:13 am

Re: Is this forum running

Postby Art1012 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:35 pm

Hi Richgk
You have to take into account that there are many more S-types registered with the club than E types. Also, your average E-type is a lot more reliable than your average S-type! :roll:

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Is this forum running

Postby lowebird » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:49 am

RICHGK,

As you are a member of both the JEC and the E-Type club, I wonder if you could give me the benefit of your experience of both.
I have 'mailed the local ( E.Anglia ) rep. with a request for some general info about the club and I haven't had any reply so initial impression is very poor.
You certainly don't get ignored in the JEC which is a brilliant club.

Reg
E-Type 4.2 ots S1

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Is this forum running

Postby lowebird » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:36 am

In addition to all the foregoing info, I have just found "The E-Type Forum", which I expect you all knew about, however could this resource be the reason we don't get so many posts on this site.
The E-Type Forum is huge with many pages of info covering every aspect of E-Type ownership.

Reg

User avatar
raysearles

Member
Posts:397
Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Is this forum running

Postby raysearles » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:35 pm

Reg,

If I may also comment, I am also a member of the JEC & E Type Club. The local E Type Club reps are not very active, in my area a new one was heralded about 15 months ago, since when I have had 2 emails from him. As usual some reps are better than others but given they have less than 2000 members world wide I know from discussions with the previous rep in my area that "local" response if often underwhelming in that club.

The advantage JEC has is that many members own or have owned E Types in the past so you will always be more likely to get a response. And having met and talked at length with Art Lawrence at Eastern Day I am sure he will be very active in promoting events in the future such as the Picnic at Silverstone Classics next month.

Regards
Ray
JEC Events Chairman

2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)

lowebird

Member
Posts:434
Joined:Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:14 pm
Location:Norfolk

Re: Is this forum running

Postby lowebird » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:20 pm

Ray,
I am in complete agreement with you. The JEC is a brilliant club where a reply to a question is never long in coming. I hadn't realised that the E-Type Club had so few members given that they are world wide, and I still haven't had a reply. Boy am I glad I didn't send my £72.00 to them !!!!

Reg

RichGK
Posts:18
Joined:Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: Is this forum running

Postby RichGK » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:06 am

Hi Reg
I enjoy belonging to both clubs. I think they both have merits that make membership cost for me value for money.
The e type club website is a good resource, and they also produce an enjoyable monthly magazine. It contains articles from amateurs and professionals doing full restorations. It offers tips on new part availability along with real time experience of the various suppliers and restorers. I also found them helpful when I was living abroad, as they actually put me in touch with a knowledgable guy who helped me buy my current e type. He went to check it out for me, and I was very pleased with the advice he gave.
The point about lack of local activity with the E Type Club is a valid one. I have only attended one annual weekend which I did enjoy. I think the JEC as a whole is a far more active club, with more members more regular events, and a presence at most events. When I moved back to the UK and lived in South Wales the JEC local group were brilliant.They put me in touch with a local guy who helped me re-import my e type to the uk. They also helped me with the DVLA and making the car Uk legal. I really enjoyed the JEC monthly meetings, events and the opportunity to meet other jaguar owners. There was a real genuine enthusiasm about all things Jaguar. I found the JEC broadened my experience around jaguars, to the point where I now use an S Type as my daily car. I wouldn't have considered doing that before joining JEC. Hope that helps.
Cheers Rich
2007 S Type SE 2.7D
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2

User avatar
jBlackwell

Site Admin
Posts:1055
Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
Location:Cwmbran

Re: Is this forum running

Postby jBlackwell » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi all,
Its good to hear all the positives regarding the JEC membership.

On a note about other forum's it is always worth keeping in mind the as we are a Marque Club, we try to cater for all Jaguars, not just a single model (E-Type Forum/Club, XK* Growler Club, XJS enthusiasts, etc) so the activity is shared out across a wider spectrum of enthusiasts.

This does as has been pointed out, come with certain merits and a few pitfalls, but on the whole, I think the balance is pretty good.

I am currently really pleased with the level of response and activity across the various forums. Art has arranged an E-Type Picnic on the Saturday of Silverstone Classics for example (we have 59 E-Types thats more than some other Jaguar Clubs have cars attending), Steve Howard in the X300 is starting to gather a great community. I recently attended an XJ Coupe event organised by Keith Parrington (XJ S1,2,3) that was a great success considering the weather (38 XJ Coupes).

I would strongly recommend supporting Art in his efforts to make this particular forum of the JEC more active, which I know you all will anyway.

Hope to catch up with some of you soon at Silverstone.

James
James

2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.

Art1012

Moderator
Posts:53
Joined:Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:13 am

Re: Is this forum running

Postby Art1012 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:23 pm

Dear fellow E_type enthusiasts,
Having read several comments about "is the E_type forum running?" I have to say that yes it is, but it is up to you the members to keep the comments, topics, and replies going. It is your forum and you decide what is discussed and written.
So please post your questions, share your passion for the model and make friends!. These are your pages.
Art.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests