SAT NAV UPDATE?

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

Architective
Posts:11
Joined:Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:19 pm
SAT NAV UPDATE?

Postby Architective » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:09 pm

I have a 2001 SWB Daimler 8 fitted with an Alpine Sat Nav system. The Disc is from 2001 and even in Norfolk, new roads are occasionally constructed. I am trying to find an update for the Alpine disc, Jag part number LJE2441AA Alpine Part No BM9JG91B. I have tried ebay and Satnavi but I believe the supplier may have been changed from Alpine in 2002. Am I right? Should I stop looking? Can anyone help please? :?

User avatar
robv12

Member
Posts:2080
Joined:Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 am
Location:scottish borders

Re: SAT NAV UPDATE?

Postby robv12 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:02 pm

I had a 2000 DSV8, and like you tried to locate an upgraded disc without success until I sold the car in 2011, I resorted to a Tom Tom, which in fact is ten times better and can be swapped from car to car, we even use it in the X350 , far easier than the Jag system
88 3.6 XJ40 EX JDHT
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK

Architective
Posts:11
Joined:Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: SAT NAV UPDATE?

Postby Architective » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Many thanks. Looks like a Tom Tom for Christmas then!

joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Re: SAT NAV UPDATE?

Postby joejag308 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:54 am

Just bought one as an upgrade, the one ive used for 8 yrs has disapeared up its own motorway.
new version is far superior.........model Tom Tom Via135.......very good model :lol:

Architective
Posts:11
Joined:Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: SAT NAV UPDATE?

Postby Architective » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Many thanks, model noted. :)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests