Hi all,
Any chance I could just ask for some advice please?.
2009 XF 3L Diesel with now 31.5k on the clock. When I bought it in March this year, the supplying dealer stamped the service book @ 25,824 on 20.2.13.
Looking at the Service Portfolio, it specifies a "B" service at 32,000 or 24 months. Apologies but I am now in a quandary as to whether or not I need the 32k work?.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
Service intervals
Moderator:cawthrm
- raysearles

- Posts:397
- Joined:Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:47 pm
Re: Service intervals
Well it would be worth finding out what Service the dealer actually did, and whether this was done against the mileage or the "timed" requirement. That would tell you when to consider the next service interval. Your personal mileage also needs to be considered. The car has covered 6k miles in about 4 months putting the annual at something like 20k so depending on what service the dealer did you might want to think about it towards the end of the year, but having it done again now would seem a waste.
The big ticket items, belts etc are usually in the higher mileage ranges so its not likely that these are going to fall due.
The dealer's response will be interesting, if you suspect they are trying to drive you towards an early service ( because they need the work!) then call the Forum's specialists, XJK and ask Gavin Jones what he thinks, at least that will be an independent view.
I picked up my 2009 XF with only 15k on the clock, and a service at 11k some 13 months before, Gavin recommended an oil service and nothing more. If you get both views you will at least have some "informed" opinions to work on.
Hope that is of some help..
Ray
The big ticket items, belts etc are usually in the higher mileage ranges so its not likely that these are going to fall due.
The dealer's response will be interesting, if you suspect they are trying to drive you towards an early service ( because they need the work!) then call the Forum's specialists, XJK and ask Gavin Jones what he thinks, at least that will be an independent view.
I picked up my 2009 XF with only 15k on the clock, and a service at 11k some 13 months before, Gavin recommended an oil service and nothing more. If you get both views you will at least have some "informed" opinions to work on.
Hope that is of some help..
Ray
Ray
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
JEC Events Chairman
2011 XJ351 Premium Luxury (tbd)
1971 E Type 2+2 Series 3, (Sophee)
1999 XKR Convertible (K8)
Re: Service intervals
Thank you Ray, your guidance much appreciated.
I suspected that the dealer was trying to steer me into an early batch of work I must confess (cynical? me?).
Will give Gavin a bell as suggested just to reassure me at the very least!.
Thanks again.
I suspected that the dealer was trying to steer me into an early batch of work I must confess (cynical? me?).
Will give Gavin a bell as suggested just to reassure me at the very least!.
Thanks again.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests