ANOTHER TWO GONE

Moderators:robv12, xj40_register, Popsjag

User avatar
robv12

Member
Posts:2080
Joined:Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:11 am
Location:scottish borders
ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby robv12 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 pm

the current Mrs J is away for few days, this has enabled me to spend most of the little bit of good weather we have had up here outside busying myself with the spring clean up at Jenner Towers!!, no, "dinners ready, do this , do that", bliss in fact!!

so we got a 1995 V12 40 away to it's new owner on Saturday

Image

Image

and a couple of good days in between the showers pulling old G reg 4.0 to bits, this went away at 7.00pm last night, and I am 80 quid better off!! probably one of the rustiest 40's I have ever dealt with, if any one wants to see how bad a car with a current mot can be ask and I'll post some pictures

Image
88 3.6 XJ40 EX JDHT
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK

User avatar
nashio966
Posts:14
Joined:Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Location:Warwickshire

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby nashio966 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:28 am

Bwhahahahah all mine :D (RKV that is)

Here she is after a quick rinse down and clean
Image

And squeezed into her new home (nice sealed heated garage)

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
thejpster
Posts:167
Joined:Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 am

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby thejpster » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Blimey! I take it that was pre-measured?

I'm house hunting at the moment and LWB-friendly garages, or even detached garages you can extend a couple of feet, are rather hard to come by.
Jaguar Sovereign 3.2 LWB - one of only 305 built!
Morocco Red with Cream and Coffee Leather
Registered December 95 and factory fitted with Sports Suspension and 16" Dimple Alloys

User avatar
nashio966
Posts:14
Joined:Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Location:Warwickshire

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby nashio966 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Erm - for my sins, no. I saw her, fell in love and put a deposit down before I thought with my head and measured the garage....

I have 4" room to play with, I'm going to fit a mirror or something at an angle so I can see how far away the front bumper is when parking her up.

Mother Isn't too impressed that she cant get into the garage loft without going outside and opening the main garage door though.... :mrgreen:
Image

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby dhdove » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Nashio

Try hanging a tennis ball from the ceiling so it touches the windscreen at the required spot :)

TonyS

User avatar
nashio966
Posts:14
Joined:Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Location:Warwickshire

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby nashio966 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 pm

I say! That's a jolly good idea!!! (though I must admit I did just spend a minute thinking, hang on, what's the joke I'm missing!)

:)
Image

User avatar
thejpster
Posts:167
Joined:Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 am

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby thejpster » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 am

I couldn't find a tennis ball, so I have a garden glove on a string. Works just as well! That and a wooden beam on the floor resting against two (flattened) bags of cement mix.

Of course, the X300 LWB is a good two feet longer than the space I've got, so it's the Rover that stays warm and dry while the poor Jaguar gets cold and wet.
Jaguar Sovereign 3.2 LWB - one of only 305 built!
Morocco Red with Cream and Coffee Leather
Registered December 95 and factory fitted with Sports Suspension and 16" Dimple Alloys

User avatar
dhdove

Member
Posts:1539
Joined:Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 am
Location:South Gloucestershire

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby dhdove » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:31 pm

Thejpster

Did you hang your garden glove by a finger so it displayed the classic Police Stop hand signal as you approached? :lol:

TonyS

poprivet

Member
Posts:1985
Joined:Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:20 pm
Location:Hampshire
Contact:

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby poprivet » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 pm

When I was a schoolboy, my dad used the 'ball on a string trick' in his garage.

That was fine until by brother and I thought it would be a good joke to move it 6 inches closer to the wall, I still remember that dent in his Vauxhall Viva chrome bumper :)

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: ANOTHER TWO GONE

Postby J44EAG » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:08 pm

I filled my Mothers wellies full of concrete and was made to walk to school for a month. A tad unfair then and I`m still traumatized by the experience.

My sister shut my fingers in the car door. I got her back but cutting off her pony tail in the "push me, pull you" Quelcast lawn mower. My bike got sequestrated for that.

Then I was told to fold up an enormous fold up couch/bed contraption designed by Professor Brainstorm. This was always great fun as you had to jump on a big lever which released a system of springs and rods. The thing would fly shut in a second. Unfortunately for the unseen sleeping cat under a blanket. My mother and I had to get the man from next door to help us open it again. The cat went all thin in the middle for a while having disappeared for a week in protest.

Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests