Original Car Details

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

12ltrooper
Posts:9
Joined:Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:05 pm
Original Car Details

Postby 12ltrooper » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:29 pm

I am trying to collect some details on my car which were not available when I got it? i.e. exact colour and trim and if it is LWB or SWB. Also I have tried to register the car on the 'Vehicle Register' but I cannot read the page - is this page not working? Regards Phil

barrywi

Member
Posts:263
Joined:Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Original Car Details

Postby barrywi » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:43 pm

If you send me your VIN number ( by PM if you do not want to display it here) I will attempt, hopefully with the help of Paul Sinnott to decode it for you. You should find also the paint code/trim code on the passenger side upright of the front door on a metal panel. where the hinge is. If you send that too I will make an effort to let you know.
You can tell if it is a LWB by measuring the length and comparing it with the handbook( if you have one) Actually just by sitting in the back seat gives you a clue as the standard wheelbase leg room is not huge, whereas the LWB does feel spacier.
I was able to get into the vehicle registartion section just now but did not try to register a vehicle. At which point do you get a problem?
Double check your VIN when writing it down, it is viewable from the outside of the car through the lower windscreen

12ltrooper
Posts:9
Joined:Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:05 pm

X350 Vehicle Register

Postby 12ltrooper » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Barry,

When I try to 'view the register' it comes up as

Could not query db table

SELECT * FROM WHERE pub='0'

Phil

User avatar
PJF
Posts:73
Joined:Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:28 am

Re: Original Car Details

Postby PJF » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Apologies for the problem with the X350 Register. I have been doing some long overdue 'tidying' of the various databases and the X350 developed an error in one area. It should now be OK.

In the event of problems, please e-mail me direct using peter.ford@jec.org.uk

Regards...Peter

barrywi

Member
Posts:263
Joined:Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: Original Car Details

Postby barrywi » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Here are the details from Paul Sinnott ( thanks very much Paul for your call today).
It’s a:

3.5 litre, Sport trim, 5-seater, SWB

CHB is definitely Radiance Red (same as my car). Most Jaguar cars with “C” codes are red.

NED is Ivory Leather. Most Jaguar codes that are white / light Cream start with “N”

I’m 99.9% certain that the “DW” is in fact a build code indicating month and year. Need some more examples of 350s with known build dates to prove this.
let us know if anything is wrong!


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest