Postby robv12 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:33 pm
slowly but surely getting into this car now, another good check over, 100 mile trip all seems well, however I am puzzled by one thing, so all you X350 guru's can you help and of course if I get my thoughts wrong below, please correct me as I am new to these wonderful cars
this car was advertised as an XJR, bought as an XJR, badged as an XJR, but it does not seem that clear cut
history, is like this and easy, on 308, you could buy two supercharged models XJR SWB and Daimler Super V8 , all LWB bar a few cars, fully loaded and few options, power wash headlights was about it on the last cars
which brings us to the 350, NO DAIMLER at first as we know, but a SWB XJR and a Super 8 in place of the Daimler, that is is until late 2005/ early 2006 from what I can see from various sources when the Daimler Super eight came in, and the final 2007/2008 facelifted Daimlers, only 8 of these built, can that be correct??
I digress, back to my car, I thought all Super 8's were LWB?? and were fully specced, am I wrong??
why then does my car have Super 8 s/c auto on the V5 AND the dealer direct warranty (DDW) sheets I have with the spec of the car, when it was built there was no Daimler option, so it is an XJR or a Super V8, but which, it seems to have some spec of both but not all of one!!
is there an identifier in the vin number as per 40, 300 and 308 to tell us exactly what it is
my thoughts are it is an XJR with just a nice bit of Super 8 spec added in when new, the original owner knew exactly what he wanted and was prepared to pay for it
88 3.6 XJ40 EX JDHT
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK