I have a TomTom XL IQ sat nav (I succumbed..) and was rather bored one day. The result was a car icon based on my S type.
It's simply a photograph of my car adjusted to work as the sat nav car icon. I'm sure someone can make a better job. It's a very simple 80x80 bitmap with red as the transparent colour.
http://www.sweller.dynalias.org/images/ ... uc862c.bmp
All you need to do is download the image, mount the TomTom device and navigate to the directory "art" then "cars". Cut and paste the image into that directory. Select the car image on the sat nav in the normal way.
I really have too much time on my hands...
Simon
Tom Tom Nonsense
Moderators:Aceman, ecosselynx
Re: Tom Tom Nonsense
You two really must get out more!!
David
David
-
ecosselynx
- Posts:265
- Joined:Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:08 am
- Location:Magnou, France
Re: Tom Tom Nonsense
Hi
I'd like to share with you all the method I used to mount my Tom-Tom in the Mk2, which allows you to install/remove the mounting quickly and simply. Its also helps with out of sight-out of mind as far as security goes.
All I did was strip down the original mounting I had for fitting into the air vents and mount it onto an alloy bracket.
I'll post anyone a picture next week when I'm back in France.
regards
John H.
I'd like to share with you all the method I used to mount my Tom-Tom in the Mk2, which allows you to install/remove the mounting quickly and simply. Its also helps with out of sight-out of mind as far as security goes.
All I did was strip down the original mounting I had for fitting into the air vents and mount it onto an alloy bracket.
I'll post anyone a picture next week when I'm back in France.
regards
John H.
bye-o
John H.
John H.
Re: Tom Tom Nonsense
I mount the TomTom by using a sucker disc on the underside of the picnic tray (On the S type its underneath the centre gauges and switches - I'm not sure if a Mk 2 has one there).
I also wired in cigarette socket extension lead taking it's feed from the fuse boxes and the connector and lead just lives tucked away on the parcel shelf. As the socket is plastic and insulated it allowed me to use negative earth accessories whilst the car was still positive earth.
I also wired in cigarette socket extension lead taking it's feed from the fuse boxes and the connector and lead just lives tucked away on the parcel shelf. As the socket is plastic and insulated it allowed me to use negative earth accessories whilst the car was still positive earth.
Simon
Brighton
Sussex
Brighton
Sussex
-
ecosselynx
- Posts:265
- Joined:Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:08 am
- Location:Magnou, France
Re: Tom Tom Nonsense
Hi
See attached photo's. It was only a bit of alloy angle and the thumb screw lets me attach/remove quickly and easy.
See attached photo's. It was only a bit of alloy angle and the thumb screw lets me attach/remove quickly and easy.
- Attachments
-
- IMG_1002.JPG
- (789.79KiB)Not downloaded yet
-
- IMG_1003.JPG
- (902.41KiB)Not downloaded yet
bye-o
John H.
John H.
Re: Tom Tom Nonsense
No, really, you boys must get out more!! Most people that use a sat-nav to come to our house end up in the field across the lane. I use the sat-nav that has pages....
Best wishes, David
Best wishes, David
Re: Tom Tom Nonsense
What is this "field" of which you speak? I live somewhere civilised; people who visit me can come and need not be in fear of "rural folk"!
In reality, I find satnav really useful for the last mile - makes finding where you're going easy (unless, of course, the postcode is for a field...) - but for getting to a general location they're not that necessary.
In reality, I find satnav really useful for the last mile - makes finding where you're going easy (unless, of course, the postcode is for a field...) - but for getting to a general location they're not that necessary.
Simon
Brighton
Sussex
Brighton
Sussex
Re: Tom Tom Nonsense
Simon
Apologies for my Hobbity demeanour, if I were to visit you this would be the furthest that I have strayed from the Shire! T"would be 'There and Back Again' for me, though I do use Google maps quite a bit. As someone once said, don't knock it until you have tried it
, so perhaps I should give one a whirl.
Best wishes, David
Apologies for my Hobbity demeanour, if I were to visit you this would be the furthest that I have strayed from the Shire! T"would be 'There and Back Again' for me, though I do use Google maps quite a bit. As someone once said, don't knock it until you have tried it
Best wishes, David
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

