Mesh grill upgrade

Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight

tcb0001
Posts:14
Joined:Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 pm
Mesh grill upgrade

Postby tcb0001 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Thought I'd put up a pic of my X-Type after a mesh grill upgrade I performed. I also added a subtle 3.0 badge: http://www.tcbravington.co.uk/jag/grillandbadge.jpg It's a shame about the rain on the day I took the pics (they are rain drips along the bottom of the grill) but for £40 from eBay and about an hour and a half I think it was worth it. The bottom grill mesh is next...

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Postby J44EAG » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Very nice!

Painted my upper and lower mesh grills mat black. Looks very good with the MDZ silver paint.

Mike Kennedy. S-type Coordinator.

tcb0001
Posts:14
Joined:Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Postby tcb0001 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks Mike, I'm not sure what MDZ is though? Are there pictures of your car anywhere?

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Postby J44EAG » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 pm

MDZ is similar to the colour of your car.

You will find pics of mine in the S-type Forum BB gallery although I don`t think any of them show the car with the matt black grills. You can find a pic of my car on page 38 of the last November magazine issue in the S-type Forum pages. I hasten to add that the large green full length leapers have been removed from the car. Rather too noticable!!

I covered up all the chrome when I became bored with it. I used 7 year life sticky back sign writing material in anthracite to give a contrasting dark grey against MDZ silver body. Looks rather more sporting now especially with an Adamesh lowered spring kit fitted just after Christmas.

I`ll upload some more pics in due course provided I can remember how to resize the pics to low resolution.

Mike


tcb0001
Posts:14
Joined:Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Postby tcb0001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:35 pm

I remember admiring your car in the November mag. The leapers would be great for racing though :)
I've posted a pic of the whole car here: http://www.tcbravington.co.uk/jag/my_x_type01.jpg
I like this colour, my car has no chrome on it at all either, I believe because it is a sport spec model. I reckon I'll be happy with the front end when I've got the lower mesh grill installed, but also on my list to do is lowering the suspension by about 30mm (how expensive were the Adamesh ones?), and a Borla exhaust.

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Postby J44EAG » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:22 pm

The leapers were fun for a while, then became too much of a good thing!

Here`s the link for Adamesh. They list lowered springs for your car. Best to give Geoff Adams a call. The set on mine are a huge improvement in the ride department. No more bouncing, rolling or banging and crashing. Very much as it should be now. Not harsh in any way. Fitted to my standard soft comfort dampers. Very pleased with the result.

http://www.adamesh.co.uk/

Hope this is of interest. There are many exhaust kits around. I`ve a resonator less big bore 60mm Miltek fitted to my S. Very throaty but cost £1K fitted!

Mike

tcb0001
Posts:14
Joined:Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Postby tcb0001 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:11 pm

The prices at Adamesh are better than where I've been looking - Borla, Racing Green, Paramount etc. I can look at getting the exhaust and lowering spings all for less than £1000 including the cost of my mechanic fitting them! I'm now the new Co-ordinator for the X-Type forum in the magazine so this will be one of my projects...

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

A warm welcome!

Postby J44EAG » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, our new X-type Coordinator just landed!

I didn`t realise it was you!!

Welcome indeed.

Mike Kennedy


tcb0001
Posts:14
Joined:Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 pm

Postby tcb0001 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 am

Thanks Mike, I'm looking forward to it, particularly the track day at Brands hatch! Although I've been a car nut since about 5 years old, never before have I been "into" a car as much as the X-Type - head turning looks, luxury, comfort and power, I love it...

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Postby J44EAG » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:45 am

I tried e-mailing you Trevor, but I get a non delivery notification. Also used the Private Mail facility here but that won`t go either.

Give me a call or a mail if you wish. Be good to chat.

Mike


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest