Tyre wear

Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight

larryd
Posts:29
Joined:Tue May 05, 2009 2:10 pm
Tyre wear

Postby larryd » Tue May 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Ther seem to be lots of issues on the X type tyres judgeing by the comments in the mag.
I have just taken of two front tyres from my 1 year old X type estate. (20,000miles)
It seemed that one of them had a channel (grove)on the inside wall nearest the wheel.
This is now with the tyre manufactures Pirele and I will update you with any comments.. Anyone had similar problems?
LD

johnh
Posts:33
Joined:Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:59 am
Location:Bristol

Postby johnh » Tue May 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Larry,
Yes there have been two other cases of similar wear, probably not quite as bad as yours by the sound of it.
Have you had the tracking checked?

larryd
Posts:29
Joined:Tue May 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Postby larryd » Thu May 07, 2009 11:54 am

The tracking seems fine as there was no sign of feathering on the outside rims or the inside rims of the tyre and wear was even right across.
Lets wait and see what the tyre maker says.
I must admit my local dealer is intrested and in fact it was them who sent the tyre back to the makers. I will get it checked at the next service in 1000.00 miles
I have put some mitch:: on the front and of course I am keeping a close eye on them.
Larry

larryd
Posts:29
Joined:Tue May 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Postby larryd » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:14 pm

He we go the saga has ended with the tyres.
The rear one failed as well on the passenger side the tyre developed what I can only describe as bumps the whole tyre looked as though it was a castle wall with the archers slots in it .

Jag and Per both blame me for all the problems low tyre pressure they say no problems reported aprt from mine.
Now the tyre manfactures have come back to me and said the car suspision is not set up correctley? Its been checked twice by the dealer.

So end of the the day the dealer is embarrsed they have arranged £100 compensation as a good will gesture and I have had to shell out for 4 new tyres. NB I put new tyres on the driver side as well as I did not want one new and one part worn on the same ax.

The moral you will not win its allways your fault.

Larry D :roll:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests