Brochure inc colour options and optional accessories?

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

blackflash
Posts:177
Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am
Brochure inc colour options and optional accessories?

Postby blackflash » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:44 pm

Happy New Year, all.

I'd really like to get my hands on the brochure (or whatever it was called) which a prospective X308 owner would have been handed in a Jaguar dealer around 1998 to whet their tastebuds and subsequently to choose which interior and exterior colours they wanted and which optional extras to fork out for. The icing on the cake would be the price list associated with the car and such options.

Guessing they are as rare as hen's teeth (and not wanting to spend a fortune), does anyone have one which they would be willing to turn into a "pdf" Adobe Acrobat file so I (and others) can see it online if not in the glossy flesh?

Three reasons for asking:

1) the original hand-written order for my car shows anthracite exterior and oatmeal leather, but Jaguar head office have confirmed that the car was supplied as anthracite with ivory leather (which is what I thought). I'd like to see if there was an "oatmeal" and what colour it is if so. I'm sure other forum users could describe it (darker than ivory or whatever) but I'd like to see it with my own eyes.

2) I'm plucking up the courage and the cash to fit the premium sound system to my car. ( I have bought the system, it's the fitting which will cost). I'd like to know how much it cost as an original fit item but I'm also intrigued by things like having to choose between the premium system wih its sub-woofer and the rear blinds because they each place different (and I suppose conflicting) requirements on the rear parcel shelf.

3) I used to drive a Series III and (call me an anorak) it was fascinating to look through the original glossy brochure, contemporary reviews, etc to imagine the excitement of the original owner specifying, taking delivery of and having his first drive of his brand new V12 Jaguar; it added another pleasurable dimension to owning and driving the car, and I'd like to repeat the experience for my XJR even if only online this time.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Nigel

Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim

joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

an anorak

Postby joejag308 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:42 am

Nigel you are not being an anorak by wanting to know these things,its all part of being an enthusiast.
We would all like to get the original documentation of our vehicles especially models like the series three.
I was lucky in the respect of the original owner of my Daimler was indeed a Jaguar director.He did supply service sheets and the original bill of sale of the car,these are documents that i will treasure as part of the cars history.
The interior trim and outside colour along with the woodgrain were a bespoke requirement for his particular wishes, i dont think you could get all three as standard.
But the interior colour is stated as Oatmeal but the Ivory seats were a seperate colour item. if we ever meet i would be glad to show you the basic paperwork.......Joe :D


dredr62
Posts:39
Joined:Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:49 pm
Location:Essex

Postby dredr62 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Can't come up with a brochure for the X308 but in case you weren't already aware there's some useful information on colour schemes, base prices and optional extras in Nigel Thorley's excellent book, "Jaguar all the cars" published by Haynes. Might be worth a browse.


Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Postby Brakebuster » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:48 pm

my XJ8 is a 1999 Sov,
i have Oatmeal leather seats with 'Antelope ' coloured piping front and back , this matches the dash top , my console is all Oatmeal leather with an Oatmeal arm rest, and is not a split colour combo like a lot of cars.....

i have to date got all the original documents that would have come with the car, along with the sales brochure that covers my car/year and also the original full optional accessories catalogue , this is full of all the original optional extras along with all the part numbers, and price guide, lol

i also have a trim selection brochure , for interior colour combinations and materials

you can get all these documents on ebay for around £5 to £10 depending on condition and how many bidders etc, its where i got a lot of mine from

BB 8)


blackflash
Posts:177
Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am

Thanks all

Postby blackflash » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:53 pm

I do have most of the docs for my specific car, including the handwritten order with the individually priced options scribbled at the top, the trade-in allowed, price paid etc. All good stuff.

For the generic stuff, eBay it is!

All the best,

Nigel

Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest