Front Registration Plate
Moderators:MarkX, mike020150
Anyone else notice that the owner of the car, reg. no. 92 Hot, is showing this in an illegal way ?
Hi SWF ,
Is it that much of a problem I ask myself
,
the "standard" positioning of the front number plate rather spoils the look of the front end IMHO ,
I personally don't like "stick-on" number plates but rather like the look of the 75% sized number plates available , think they are legal on motorcycles but not cars
,
lowering the existing numberplate looks better than standard but is not entirely satisfactory with regard to cosmetics
, at the end of the day you pays your money and makes your choice , I'm pretty sure that the police won't bother the owner of 92 Hot as I'm certain they have better things to do ,
Best Wishes ,
Nik
Is it that much of a problem I ask myself
the "standard" positioning of the front number plate rather spoils the look of the front end IMHO ,
I personally don't like "stick-on" number plates but rather like the look of the 75% sized number plates available , think they are legal on motorcycles but not cars
lowering the existing numberplate looks better than standard but is not entirely satisfactory with regard to cosmetics
Best Wishes ,
Nik
Antigua Blue XK8 Coupe.....1998.75 MY.....Reg No ..N1XKO
Number Plates
Re the police not bothering with number plate issues.......its a myth
They are clued up to the eyeballs with "fonts", positioning, size, and reflective backgrounds, the so called magic spray for disfiguring a plate is illegal too..........they can spot one a mile away.....so keep a spare set of legal plates in the boot and tell them they are the "show ones" on the car and you will fit the legal ones ASAP, maybe some double sided tape comes to mind .............try and be a clever lad and the penalties are rather steep.
A fine,seizure of the number plate and documentation then the car is issued with a "Q" plate for the rest of its life.........try and sell one of those!!
They are clued up to the eyeballs with "fonts", positioning, size, and reflective backgrounds, the so called magic spray for disfiguring a plate is illegal too..........they can spot one a mile away.....so keep a spare set of legal plates in the boot and tell them they are the "show ones" on the car and you will fit the legal ones ASAP, maybe some double sided tape comes to mind .............try and be a clever lad and the penalties are rather steep.
A fine,seizure of the number plate and documentation then the car is issued with a "Q" plate for the rest of its life.........try and sell one of those!!
Hi Joe ,
I've owned my car for over five years now , although the font is correct I have a space between the first letter and number , a black bolt in the midddle of the O so that XKO looks a little like XK8 and a "honeycomb" style background which was offered in the Jaguar Collection Brochure back in 1998 but now isn't legal apparently , also don't have the now required BS number , don't get any problems with police or at MOT test time at my local Jaguar main agent , I put it down to ............... the plates are the correct colour with the correct font , are readily readable by man or machine and in no way are they intended to deceive anybody , more than I can say for some peoples plates ,
Best Wishes ,
Nik
I've owned my car for over five years now , although the font is correct I have a space between the first letter and number , a black bolt in the midddle of the O so that XKO looks a little like XK8 and a "honeycomb" style background which was offered in the Jaguar Collection Brochure back in 1998 but now isn't legal apparently , also don't have the now required BS number , don't get any problems with police or at MOT test time at my local Jaguar main agent , I put it down to ............... the plates are the correct colour with the correct font , are readily readable by man or machine and in no way are they intended to deceive anybody , more than I can say for some peoples plates ,
Best Wishes ,
Nik
Antigua Blue XK8 Coupe.....1998.75 MY.....Reg No ..N1XKO
-
PrideofLyons
- Posts:45
- Joined:Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:28 pm
Re: Front Registration Plate
Anyone else notice that the owner of the car, reg. no. 92 Hot, is showing this in an illegal way ?
Ever seen Norman Durban's front plate?
Ever seen Norman Durban's front plate?
Re: Front Registration Plate
Anyone else notice that the owner of the car, reg. no. 92 Hot, is showing this in an illegal way ?
Ever seen Norman Durban's front plate?
Yes , I believe it's been shrunk in the wash
,
Nik
Ever seen Norman Durban's front plate?
Yes , I believe it's been shrunk in the wash
Nik
Antigua Blue XK8 Coupe.....1998.75 MY.....Reg No ..N1XKO
-
mike020150

- Posts:3469
- Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm
Funnily enough I took my XK8 for test last week to a garage I hadn't used previously and the tester played things absolutely by the book and checked that the spacing on my (standard sized) number plates was legally correct. In this instance, the spacing was legal so there wasn't an issue to answer (or an MoT fail). However, it does suggest that testers are paying more attention to the issue than was the case. Mike.
On 'police, camera, action' the bobbies pulled a chick with illegal plates, and did her for 8 out of 9 possible 'infringements'.
They also reminded her that if her car had been stolen, the random ANPR cameras scattered far and wide in this "free" country would possibly not recognize her motor, because it couldn't read her plate, so it would not be recovered.
Just a thought.
They also reminded her that if her car had been stolen, the random ANPR cameras scattered far and wide in this "free" country would possibly not recognize her motor, because it couldn't read her plate, so it would not be recovered.
Just a thought.
-
scallan1956
- Posts:13
- Joined:Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:04 pm
With reference to number plates and mot test, my car failed on plates
because they had the jaguar leaper background shadow and no bs number. I put theese plates on my car in 2006, no problem until this year.
I think new legislation came in 2007 about plates. Ps I was stopped by
police last year fitted with anpr camera they had no problem reading my plate. (Only for spot check ).
because they had the jaguar leaper background shadow and no bs number. I put theese plates on my car in 2006, no problem until this year.
I think new legislation came in 2007 about plates. Ps I was stopped by
police last year fitted with anpr camera they had no problem reading my plate. (Only for spot check ).
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests