Dear All
My own thoughts echo those already expressed........
I used to really enjoy Andrew Swift's witty and informative tour through XJS marketing and memorabilia over the years.
Nigel's former in-depth look at the development of the XJS, its design and models as production proceeded was both informative and entertaining.
I do think that the technical seminar should be split between the six and twelve cylinder models - this creates the time needed for the above two items.
In addition I think that an all-day Seminar consisting of wholly technical talk is hard going - whilst it is great to get coverage of all aspects you cannot cover everything in detail, so perhaps less is more?
One other minor point. The slides on the visual presentation could do with an update as the quality was poor in some cases by todays standards. I know that Dave Marks probably has better things to do whilst spannering away than take piccys, but over a period of time I'm sure a new library could be developed - perhaps this is something that the BB could help with?
Unfortunately the ramp facility was provided at Browns Lane - I don't think there is a similar facility at Castle Bromwich though I'm sure someone will know if there is.
Re the new XJ on display in the lecture theatre, I think we must remember that we are the guests of Jaguar Cars. There were the two XJS's from the JDHT to examine.
I put some of the points above to Nigel at lunchtime on the day and he said that the profile of those people attending over the years had changed. Now there are few people looking to buy a car ( one only that day) and attendees wanted to concentrate on the technical side.
However he said that the Club was open to feedback from members and would amend the Seminar programme if there was a demand.
Finally, I always enjoy the lunch as well!
I would suggest that Paul and I feedback in line with the consensus expressed above in this thread.
Any other thoughts?
Regards
Tony