Please help cannot lock my car at all

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

Growler
Posts:5
Joined:Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:26 am
Location:Telford
Please help cannot lock my car at all

Postby Growler » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:16 pm

Sorry placed in electrical section last - apologies.
I have seen a similar but not same problem mentioned here from last August, so here goes mine:

I have a Jaguar XJ8 V plate 1999
My problem is the remote locking will not work from the key fob, so I tried changing the batteries and checked and cleaned the fob contacts but no change and no access.

Key fob works in the ignition by the way.

The doors will lock when the car is running - when you put the car into drive or reverse but will not lock with the key in the driver’s side door lock or as I have said above with the central door locking remote.

If you do force the lock down and then shut the door so all the doors are then locked, the key in the driver’s door will not open the doors, after a certain amount of time and jiggling the ignition key in the door lock the windows will lower and you can then open the doors via the internal door handles.

I have applied WD40 to the lock and much thought to the problem but other than dismantling the door and replacing locks etc I am not sure whether there is a way to solve the problem that the guys and gals on this forum have tried and successfully sorted the problem.

Please help.




joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

KEY FOB

Postby joejag308 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:23 pm

GROWLER Just one thing how long did you have the batteries out for when you cleaned the contacts before you put them back in?...
It would seem you know more about the key fob issue than i do re your past postings in the security section.....
I suggest an E-mail to David Marks.
Do not forget include your membership number and please post any reply or result you get back on the Forum please :wink: ! ..Joe


Growler
Posts:5
Joined:Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:26 am
Location:Telford

Postby Growler » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:14 pm

To be honest Joe I don't think my problem relates to the batteries i think it is more a door lock/central locking problem.


joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Postby joejag308 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:22 am

Growler i meant that if you dont replace the batteries in the fob quick enough when changing them it upsets the whole programme and you have to get it reset..........just a thought........if you get no response to this one so I suggest an E-mail to David Marks.
Do not forget include your membership number and post any reply or solution on the Forum please......... Joe



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest