Armrest Catch - How does it work? Any Diagrams Please?
Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:54 pm
I've just got my car back from Dorset Jaguar & Sportscars where it has had a 70k service, upper chain tensioners, thermostat & ally housing, gearbox oil & filter change, new aux belt and a new nsf suspension bush and its lovely - the smoothness and refinement has stepped up to another level!
As a result I now have an overriding desire to sort the little things!
One issue is that having resolved my cigar lighter problem, I did not successfully reassemble the armrest lid correctly. It closes in a locked position but with a push of the lever does not want to reopen without a lot of force.
Do any of you have any diagrams / pictures / instructions on how the catch is supposed to be assembled?
It struck me as rather fiddly with 2 plastic catch assemblies and a thin metal rod.
Many thanks!
Jon
As a result I now have an overriding desire to sort the little things!
One issue is that having resolved my cigar lighter problem, I did not successfully reassemble the armrest lid correctly. It closes in a locked position but with a push of the lever does not want to reopen without a lot of force.
Do any of you have any diagrams / pictures / instructions on how the catch is supposed to be assembled?
It struck me as rather fiddly with 2 plastic catch assemblies and a thin metal rod.
Many thanks!
Jon