Page 1 of 1

Door Cards (Removal)

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:08 pm
by pws241150
Can anyone tell me how to remove the door cards in my year 2000 XJ8.


Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:11 pm
by daveji
There are two screws to remove. One is hidden under a cover plug behind the inside door handle...the other is under the lower half of the armrest.
Next carefully prise the edge of the door card free down both sides and along the lower edge. Its secured by push fit plastic fasteners which can be easily damaged and never seem to refit properly when they have been removed once!
Once the bottom edge and sides are free,lift up the whole thing to clear the locking button and it should come away.
Take care with any wiring still attached to the inside.


Thanks

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:18 pm
by pws241150
Thanks Dave.
Pete.


Re: Door Cards (Removal)

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:16 pm
by phirou
I have to remove a door card too (broken bottom clips). I have read on various forums that it was necessary to take out the wood inserts, but I wonder why (are they fixed to the metal frame ?). Since it seems a delicate job (much more than on an XJ40) I would not undertake it if it is not of any use. Any advice ? :?: