Check strap

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

ColinE
Posts:13
Joined:Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:10 pm
Location:Basingstoke
Check strap

Postby ColinE » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi Guys.
Any body had a problem with this on the drivers door, mine was making funny noisies a few weeks ago, I shot some wd40 up it, which seemed to cure it, two weeks later a crack, and no door strap working, I have it in being done today, I am told the strap and what ever in runs in are both broken plus the door panel its fixed to is cracked, the garage rang Jaguar (maybe local )I dont know to be told this is not a know problem, the new part was on back order and one of my customer with a 2000 sport XJ8 has had the same thing this week, and they are saying its not a known problem, get real. The garage that repaired my customers car told him they always reinforce the panel when they repair them, that is what my garage is doing, Jaguar do not supply a reinforcing plate.

Colin


rdjxjr
Posts:10
Joined:Wed May 21, 2008 3:38 pm

Postby rdjxjr » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:01 am

Mine's just started playing up, yesterday. A mate of mine is going to tighten the star headed bolts inside the door. Let's see.


1959MK2DEAN
Posts:2
Joined:Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Postby 1959MK2DEAN » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:51 am

HI
I have a 1998 xjr with the same problem on the drivers door i changed the check strap but the door still needs welding.

Dean






Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests