Hello
First timer here.
I’m sure you’ll be able to help me with my newly acquired but magnificent 1997 XJV8. It’s in superb condition but for one thing.
I have a small hole in the rear offside of my outer sill.
I’ve been trying to find either a rear sill repair section or full sill online but not getting far at all.
Can anyone help me in the right direction?
Many thanks in anticipation!
Graham
X308 sill panels
Re: X308 sill panels
Graham,
No sure what you googled, but I just put in "x308 sill panels" and there seem to be some sort of options at a number of places, including Jag Spares International & SC Parts, and other options on eBay.
Cheers
Paul
No sure what you googled, but I just put in "x308 sill panels" and there seem to be some sort of options at a number of places, including Jag Spares International & SC Parts, and other options on eBay.
Cheers
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
-
grahamrose755

- Posts:2
- Joined:Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:12 pm
Re: X308 sill panels
Thanks Paul
I did the same thing but found that most parts weren’t available but if they were are eye wateringly expensive.
But I tracked down a repair section on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285770457228 ... name=11051
and contacted the seller - he says “ This is a faithful reproduction of the skin panel that Jaguar fitted - apart from being a shorter piece meaning you only have to buy/replace the part where you have rot, so don't need to buy the whole thing if you don't need it. It is not a clad over simple folded piece you see being advertised elsewhere”
And one fifth of the price I’ve seen elsewhere! £85
My body shop chap says it looks fine to him so I’ve ordered one.
Thanks again for your help.
Graham
I did the same thing but found that most parts weren’t available but if they were are eye wateringly expensive.
But I tracked down a repair section on eBay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285770457228 ... name=11051
and contacted the seller - he says “ This is a faithful reproduction of the skin panel that Jaguar fitted - apart from being a shorter piece meaning you only have to buy/replace the part where you have rot, so don't need to buy the whole thing if you don't need it. It is not a clad over simple folded piece you see being advertised elsewhere”
And one fifth of the price I’ve seen elsewhere! £85
My body shop chap says it looks fine to him so I’ve ordered one.
Thanks again for your help.
Graham
Re: X308 sill panels
Good luck Graham,
Don't be surprised if your bodywork guy needs to a little bit of fettling to get a perfect profile and fit.
Remember to post some photos of the work and final result!
Cheers
Paul
Don't be surprised if your bodywork guy needs to a little bit of fettling to get a perfect profile and fit.
Remember to post some photos of the work and final result!
Cheers
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests