Page 1 of 1

Rear Screen Surround Rust

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:35 pm
by Tattyhead
Hi
I'm new to Jaguars and have given up playing with American saloons, I really enjoy driving her.
I would say she is in very good condition and low mileage 46,000. The only rust of note is the bottom corners of the rear screen. I see it is a known problem.
Can I ask if anyone can recommend a very good body shop to repair this please. This car is a keeper so I am prepared to travel from where I live near Heathrow for a first class job. I really want the affected metal cut out and replaced with new sections. Possibly lead loading too.
Look forward to hearing back.

Re: Rear Screen Surround Rust

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:18 pm
by ptjs1
Tattyhead,

Welcome to the JEC and to the x308 section of the Bulletin Board! When you get a chance, it would be great if you could update your membership record with the car details. From the Home Page of the website, Select "MemberZone" then "My Account", then click "Update my car details" from the bottom of the page.

If you're prepared to travel to Eastbourne, you could use our own Keith Parrington who is the X308 Forum representative for bodywork issues. Give Keith a ring and have a chat. If you don't wish to travel there, he may be able to recommend someone closer.

Good luck

Paul

Re: Rear Screen Surround Rust

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:27 pm
by Tattyhead
Hi Paul
Thank you for your reply.
Eastbourne is no effor, I will give him a call.
I'll check out the car details section, thought I'd done this.
Cheers.

Re: Rear Screen Surround Rust

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:55 pm
by robv12
Top man is Mr Parringtion, highly recommended, mention the JEC when you call