Jaguar bonnet mascot on a Daimler ?!

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

Os1pch

Member
Posts:4
Joined:Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:23 pm
Jaguar bonnet mascot on a Daimler ?!

Postby Os1pch » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi.

I'm a new JEC member and have recently acquired a Year 2000 Daimler XJ4 LWB. It has a Jaguar mascot on the bonnet, which I'm not a big fan of, and am thinking of removing.

I assume that this would have been fitted by a previous owner - no doubt to make it look 'classy'. Is it possible that this could have been ordered as an option when the car was bought ? - is there any way that it would have rolled out of the factory with the Jag on the bonnet ? I assume not, and I'd like to get the car back to how it looked when it was first made.

Opinions / wisdom please !

Cheers,

Paul.

JimboV8

Member
Posts:149
Joined:Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Jaguar bonnet mascot on a Daimler ?!

Postby JimboV8 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Your car will definitely not have left the factory with the leaper fitted. A decent body man will be able to fill the holes and respray the bonnet back to an original state. :D
2012 XKR, Black pack, Aero pack, Speed pack 8) :mrgreen:
​Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L, 2009 X150 5L Portfolio coupe, in that order and enjoyed all of 'em. :D

Os1pch

Member
Posts:4
Joined:Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Re: Jaguar bonnet mascot on a Daimler ?!

Postby Os1pch » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 pm

Thanks for that - didn't think so; will look into getting it restored to the original state. And apologies for describing my car incorrectly; I've just started reading up on this site, and I understand that it's actually called a Daimler 8 ?! :oops:

Then it's on to the headlining :-)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests