Hi,
Anyone with experience of putting a fuel diamond in their tank? The manufacturers claim it stops stale petrol and neutralises ethanol problems. I bought one last year from a classic car show but never fitted it. Would be interested to know if anyone has tried?
Fuel Diamond works or not???
Re: Fuel Diamond works or not???
As you actually have one it would appear that you are the ideal candidate to test it!
Not Libby Nick surely?
Not Libby Nick surely?
-
PeterDavisX300
- Posts:287
- Joined:Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:17 am
Re: Fuel Diamond works or not???
Hi Nick
Before putting ANY additive or supposed enhancer in a combustion engine, I would ask for exactly the formula or contents of the recipe. Jaguar have already stated which cars will run on the new E10, so go with that. What I would say is always use decent fuel and perhaps spend a few pence more per litre and put Higher-Octane in the tank. Each to their own, I use Shell 'V' Power unleaded, and I put Silkolene 2-stroke oil in every second tank 10ml per 10 litres. (The Silkolene does exactly the same as Redex at about quarter the price, it's an Upper-Cylinder-Lubricant) All my cars, X300, Mk2 3.4, Alvis TA21, and my old Motorcycles get the treatment. My wifes modern car and my Honda get Asda Fuel!
Before putting ANY additive or supposed enhancer in a combustion engine, I would ask for exactly the formula or contents of the recipe. Jaguar have already stated which cars will run on the new E10, so go with that. What I would say is always use decent fuel and perhaps spend a few pence more per litre and put Higher-Octane in the tank. Each to their own, I use Shell 'V' Power unleaded, and I put Silkolene 2-stroke oil in every second tank 10ml per 10 litres. (The Silkolene does exactly the same as Redex at about quarter the price, it's an Upper-Cylinder-Lubricant) All my cars, X300, Mk2 3.4, Alvis TA21, and my old Motorcycles get the treatment. My wifes modern car and my Honda get Asda Fuel!
1984 Mercedes 450SL Rag-Top
-
nicklisoire845

- Posts:7
- Joined:Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:31 am
Re: Fuel Diamond works or not???
Thanks for the reply Peter. 2 stroke oil....never heard of that one before but I can see how that could make sense. It warrants more research on my part.
Hi Steve, yes it is I. Hope all well. Long time no see. I'm a jag (×2) nut like you now
.
Hi Steve, yes it is I. Hope all well. Long time no see. I'm a jag (×2) nut like you now
.Re: Fuel Diamond works or not???
Keep sharpening those pencils!
-
nicklisoire845

- Posts:7
- Joined:Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:31 am
Re: Fuel Diamond works or not???
You taught me how to sharpen them all those years ago. I learnt from the masterKeep sharpening those pencils!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest