Page 1 of 1

TYERS FOR 8.5J

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:31 pm
by BLACKJAG11
hi got some new alloys can any one tell me if 225/55/17 tyers would be ok on 8.5j rims.
i have on the car at the moment 225/60/16 on 7.5j rims.
i think 8.5j sould have 235/50/17 tyers but may rub i think and be too hard.

cheers gary'

Re: TYERS FOR 8.5J

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:06 pm
by robv12
well, XJR V8 run a standard 8 x 18 inch wheels, tyres size 255/40/18, and XJR 300 run 8 x 17 and use 245/45/17 tyres

so I would suggest a 235 will be too narrow, you need a 255 as a minimum I would suggest

I have run XJR6's on 245 tyres, but they just look wrong

also have a set of 18 inch XJRV8 Penta's here at the moment with 225/35/18's fitted, they look stupid and in my opinion are just too small and the wrong profile to be safe

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310602044308? ... 1558.l2649

Re: TYERS FOR 8.5J

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:02 pm
by BLACKJAG11
CHEERS THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. I THINK YOUR RIGHT.