hi got some new alloys can any one tell me if 225/55/17 tyers would be ok on 8.5j rims.
i have on the car at the moment 225/60/16 on 7.5j rims.
i think 8.5j sould have 235/50/17 tyers but may rub i think and be too hard.
cheers gary'
TYERS FOR 8.5J
Re: TYERS FOR 8.5J
well, XJR V8 run a standard 8 x 18 inch wheels, tyres size 255/40/18, and XJR 300 run 8 x 17 and use 245/45/17 tyres
so I would suggest a 235 will be too narrow, you need a 255 as a minimum I would suggest
I have run XJR6's on 245 tyres, but they just look wrong
also have a set of 18 inch XJRV8 Penta's here at the moment with 225/35/18's fitted, they look stupid and in my opinion are just too small and the wrong profile to be safe
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310602044308? ... 1558.l2649
so I would suggest a 235 will be too narrow, you need a 255 as a minimum I would suggest
I have run XJR6's on 245 tyres, but they just look wrong
also have a set of 18 inch XJRV8 Penta's here at the moment with 225/35/18's fitted, they look stupid and in my opinion are just too small and the wrong profile to be safe
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310602044308? ... 1558.l2649
88 3.6 XJ40 EX JDHT
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
-
BLACKJAG11
- Posts:8
- Joined:Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:32 pm
Re: TYERS FOR 8.5J
CHEERS THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. I THINK YOUR RIGHT.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
