Page 1 of 1

tyres

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 pm
by shadow
need tyre replacement always gone for p 6000 (car looks and sits better to me) but thinking of putting p 4000 on as these are recomended for standard xj8 . question do these tyres run quietier and also my tyre man has said that p7000 are also available , any feed back most welcome


Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 am
by ptjs1
shadow,

You haven't inserted your car details in your signature but up until 2000, the P6000 was the recommended tyre on all wheel variants. P4000 was also a recommended tyre on most of the wheel sizes but not the 8J x 16.

I've had 4000s & 6000s on both my XJS & the XJ8. I found the 4000 a slightly more compliant tyre and it gave great mileage. But the 6000 was a better handling tyre (& I prefer the tread pattern on the 6000s).

Good luck with your choice

Paul