need tyre replacement always gone for p 6000 (car looks and sits better to me) but thinking of putting p 4000 on as these are recomended for standard xj8 . question do these tyres run quietier and also my tyre man has said that p7000 are also available , any feed back most welcome
tyres
shadow,
You haven't inserted your car details in your signature but up until 2000, the P6000 was the recommended tyre on all wheel variants. P4000 was also a recommended tyre on most of the wheel sizes but not the 8J x 16.
I've had 4000s & 6000s on both my XJS & the XJ8. I found the 4000 a slightly more compliant tyre and it gave great mileage. But the 6000 was a better handling tyre (& I prefer the tread pattern on the 6000s).
Good luck with your choice
Paul
You haven't inserted your car details in your signature but up until 2000, the P6000 was the recommended tyre on all wheel variants. P4000 was also a recommended tyre on most of the wheel sizes but not the 8J x 16.
I've had 4000s & 6000s on both my XJS & the XJ8. I found the 4000 a slightly more compliant tyre and it gave great mileage. But the 6000 was a better handling tyre (& I prefer the tread pattern on the 6000s).
Good luck with your choice
Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
