Handbrake Adjustment
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:01 pm
Hi Guys,
I'm a new owner to XJ8 but experienced with Series III XJ12s, where taking the slack out of the handbrake cable was easy-peasy.
What is the routine for adjusting the handbrake on the XJ8? I'm pretty sure it is the cable stretching again, as the brakes operate OK, once on, but there is just too much handbrake travel for my comfort.
I'm not frightened of skinned knuckles but some guidance would be good.
Thanks
Alan
I'm a new owner to XJ8 but experienced with Series III XJ12s, where taking the slack out of the handbrake cable was easy-peasy.
What is the routine for adjusting the handbrake on the XJ8? I'm pretty sure it is the cable stretching again, as the brakes operate OK, once on, but there is just too much handbrake travel for my comfort.
I'm not frightened of skinned knuckles but some guidance would be good.
Thanks
Alan