Super V8 drive faults
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:07 am
Hello all, I have recently restored a 1999 Daimler Super V8, which is in the classifieds on JEC (brands Hatch anniversary pic) and took it out for a run as it has been in the garage for 3 months after coming straight out of the paint shop, I noticed a couple errors come up, ABS, Traction control, and after consulting with the garage that did most of the restoration, I was advised to give it a run, about 10 miles out I noticed it wasn't changing up, I popped over to 2 and 3 no change, pulled over, restarted and all was good, another mile it did it again, stuck in first or second, (I think its the ZF "Merc" box) so this happens all the way back home, at one point we pulled over and there was no throttle and it wouldn't allow me to knock it out of Park, restart and it was fine,
I did notice a slight pink oil patch under the car upon returning it to my garage, it had the signs of a leak before the works were done and I suggested dropping the box, but was assured its just an overflow by a previous Jaguar garage, we dipped the oil last year and it was OK, perhaps it only needs to lose a small amount to play up!
I was hoping for some wisdom before I send it back into the garage as they are a classic specialist and are rather expensive.
Any help will be most appreciated.
Many thanks for reading
Paul Gulliver
I did notice a slight pink oil patch under the car upon returning it to my garage, it had the signs of a leak before the works were done and I suggested dropping the box, but was assured its just an overflow by a previous Jaguar garage, we dipped the oil last year and it was OK, perhaps it only needs to lose a small amount to play up!
I was hoping for some wisdom before I send it back into the garage as they are a classic specialist and are rather expensive.
Any help will be most appreciated.
Many thanks for reading
Paul Gulliver