Hi,
I own a 2001 Daimler Super V8, and have just had it valeted. Before I had it done the Radio was working perfectly, but now the radio display is showing 'PHONE', which I cant get rid of, and subsequently the radio now wont work and also the aerial doesn't go up. I hope this si just a case that when it was valeted, that something has been knocked I I should be so lucky!!).
Would anybody be able to point me in the right direction to rectifying this problem.
Many Thanks
Radio not working
Re: Radio not working
Perhaps the valeter accidentally pressed multiple buttons and confused the computer.
Is the radio "alive".? when switched on.
If so,try pressing the AM/FM button and see if it responds.
If it appears "dead" firstly......... dig out your radio code.
Then try disconnecting the battery,leave for about a minute,then reconnect the battery,
The correct procedure is detailed in the handbook and must be followed to protect the
car's electronics.
The radio should say "CODE"....in which case..... enter the code and off you go.
If the word " code" does not display there is a failure of the radio head which needs to be investigated,starting with the supply fuse.
Is the radio "alive".? when switched on.
If so,try pressing the AM/FM button and see if it responds.
If it appears "dead" firstly......... dig out your radio code.
Then try disconnecting the battery,leave for about a minute,then reconnect the battery,
The correct procedure is detailed in the handbook and must be followed to protect the
car's electronics.
The radio should say "CODE"....in which case..... enter the code and off you go.
If the word " code" does not display there is a failure of the radio head which needs to be investigated,starting with the supply fuse.
Re: Radio not working
Thanks David,
Ended up disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. This appeared to work and reset the system.
Many thanks for your reply and help.
Ended up disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. This appeared to work and reset the system.
Many thanks for your reply and help.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
