Hot engine won't restart on hot day

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

ptopping
Posts:8
Joined:Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:42 pm
Hot engine won't restart on hot day

Postby ptopping » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:38 pm

If it is a hot day and I drive the car up to temperature and park up for 10 mins, when I try to start again the starter motor turns but no fuel is getting to the engine. If I leave it for 20 mins it starts OK. I know that no fuel is getting to the engine because it is not flooded. This happens when the outside temperature is above 25 degrees. It also happens if the Auxiliary fan has kicked in after stopping. Help please. I have also posted this in engine but my garage has tested for error codes and there where none. If I keep the engine turning there is a message on the dash that says "FAILSAFE ENGINE MODE" I have had a replacement thermostat fitted about 2 months ago.



joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Hot Engine

Postby joejag308 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:35 am

reply in engine section.................Joe



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest