Deadlocking bleeper

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

blackflash
Posts:177
Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am
Deadlocking bleeper

Postby blackflash » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:43 pm

My deadlocking bleeper worked reliably for the first year I had the car but then failed a year or so ago. I enquired and found a new unit would cost £70 or so, so left it.

Around 8 months ago started it working again... and stopped again 3-4 months later.

This would seem to indicate a poor connection rather than a failed unit but this puzzles me as it either works for several months or does not - it doesn't just have off-days.

I guess I should start at the bleeper unit itself and check down the line - is this easy to identify?

Not a life-threatening problem of course, just me being fussy about keeping the car as it was meant to be if at all possible.

Thanks,

Nigel

Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim

bikermick
Posts:11
Joined:Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Postby bikermick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Nigel,
I had a similar problem with my wife's XJ8 only hers was blowing a fuse!
It seems these are very prone to water damage due to where they are positioned. I got a good used replacement from Eurojag which fixed the problem and that was about a year ago with no further issues.

Michael.......


blackflash
Posts:177
Joined:Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 am

Postby blackflash » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:53 pm

Thanks I might have to do the same - and Eurojag are excellent in my experience.

Is it easy to locate, check and if necessary replace the unit?

Blackflash
'05 S-Type R in Liquid Silver with Dove leather and Aluminium trim

joejag308

Member
Posts:838
Joined:Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:45 am
Location:LEEDS

Deadlock Bleeper

Postby joejag308 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:24 am

Any results for that guys please put the results in the forum...Joe



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests