Random alarm sounding

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

kevin1736
Posts:11
Joined:Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:00 pm
Random alarm sounding

Postby kevin1736 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:41 am

My problem just now is the alarm on my 2002 XJ8 goes off randomly for no reason. It goes off everyday, my neighbour told me it was at around 10 am when I was at work. Now it's latest time is around 3 in the morning and as you can imagine I might not be very popular with my neighbours if it continues at that time. Luckily I am a light sleeper and sleep with my key fob beside me so when it goes off I just point and press the unlock button to switch it off, followed by the lock button to lock the car again.

Sometimes it will go off 5 minutes later and once it went off a 3rd time.

I have tried disconnecting the battery for 24 hours but that didn't solve the problem, it still continues to play up.

Any suggestions??

KK


Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Postby Brakebuster » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:41 pm

hmm

several things come to mind,

but the main one is the bonnet switch on the front slam panel, the rubber can perish , letting in the rain and shorting out the switch, or it may even corrode, and stick...... somehow ?,

or the top may have even broken off, its mounted just by the off-side front headlight,

the other is the alarm module its self, mounted in the rear fuse box in the boot by the battery, just check the plugs are all pushed in correctly...

this may help, but probably not, lol

good luck

BB


bikermick
Posts:11
Joined:Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Postby bikermick » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Hi, Just wondering if you figured out the problem with the alarm as I have the same problem!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests