Drivers Door
Hi my 2002 x308 has suddenly developed a fault where the drivers side door won’t open or lock with the key fob all 3 others open fine it only works on the key, also the button on the centre console has no effect on any of them, any ideas please?
Re: Drivers Door
Hi lovejags,
I had that happen on a rear door a few years ago.
Took the door inner panel off and lubricated the mechanism and all was well again.
Regarding the unlock/lock button on the dash not working I would try a hard re-set.
Make sure you have the radio code though before you start.
If you do not know about the hard re-set this is where we take off the negative battery cable and hold it against the positive terminal for about 15-30 seconds.I always turn the ignition key to pos II while I am doing this and then turn it back to the off pos before re-connecting the battery.
If you prefer,take off both cables and hold them together.
Follow the instructions on the attatchment and you can't go wrong. Hope you get it sorted.
Take care.
Andy
I had that happen on a rear door a few years ago.
Took the door inner panel off and lubricated the mechanism and all was well again.
Regarding the unlock/lock button on the dash not working I would try a hard re-set.
Make sure you have the radio code though before you start.
If you do not know about the hard re-set this is where we take off the negative battery cable and hold it against the positive terminal for about 15-30 seconds.I always turn the ignition key to pos II while I am doing this and then turn it back to the off pos before re-connecting the battery.
If you prefer,take off both cables and hold them together.
Follow the instructions on the attatchment and you can't go wrong. Hope you get it sorted.
Take care.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Drivers Door
Cheers Andy will give re set a go
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
