Front side light

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford
Front side light

Postby DougX » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:26 pm

I am trying to replace the front side lights. I have taken the main headlight electrical connector off so that I can get to the little side light connector. Tried twisting and pulling but it won’t budge. Can anyone advise how this should be removed?

User avatar
Andy P

Member
Posts:960
Joined:Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 am
Location:Plymouth,Devon,U.K. J.E.C.Member

Re: Front side light

Postby Andy P » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi DougX,
Rotate the bulb holder anti-clockwise 1/4 turn and pull out of the Headlight unit.
Jaguar Parking Lamp bulb removal.jpg
Side Light
Jaguar Parking Lamp bulb removal.jpg (9.79KiB)Viewed 2061 times
If you're having problems getting the lamp holder out of the light, try some release agent after a drive when the plastic is warm and a pair of long nosed pliers to wiggle the holder out.
Hope that helps Doug.
Good Luck.
Andy :D
Last edited by Andy P on Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford

Re: Front side light

Postby DougX » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Thanks Andy, will give it a try and will let you know if I am successful.

User avatar
DougX

Member
Posts:422
Joined:Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:02 pm
Location:Chelmsford

Re: Front side light

Postby DougX » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:16 pm

Brilliant. Although hard work turning them, the space is very confined, I managed to get both out. Couldn’t have done it without your knowledge Andy. Many thanks again. :)


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests