Page 1 of 1
Which model?
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:26 pm
by DougX
Can anyone tell me what model XJ8 I have. When I sometimes look for parts for my XJ8, I have the alternative to choose either;
a) 3248cc 179Kw 2431 or
b) 3248cc 174Kw 2371
I have checked my V5 but nothing indicates which one mine is. Also, what does this mean?
I have to assume that these may be relevant to the Vin number, which on mine is SAJJJALG3CH878387.
Can anyone assist me?
Re: Which model?
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:20 pm
by Andy P
Hi Doug,
The correct displacement for your car is 3248cc.
All the info you need is here,official Jaguar Info:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1erTU8a ... sp=sharing
Page 8 of the file will tell you your engine displacement.
Parts suppliers are sometimes wrong with their specs.
I have the same issue sometimes with my 4.0 L.
Feel free to download and keep.
Take care.
Andy.

Re: Which model?
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:33 pm
by DougX
Hi Andy, Thanks for the Vehicle Specifications. I am still unfortunately confused. As the indications on page 8 have both 179kw & 174kw in the description. If you look at the picture below which I have to add my cars details, it asked whether the engine is 179kw or 174kw.
So I am still no clearer as to which one to select.
Re: Which model?
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:36 pm
by BrianG
Doug,
Its only one engine: it's just the test method that differs. The reason for the two different ratings depends on which country preference you have for the test method for power output. DIN (European method) horsepower is based on 450000kg raised one cm in one minute. The SAE method (American), the traditional horsepower method, lifts 33000 lbs one foot in one minute. SAE power is thus 98.6% of DIN power.
Re: Which model?
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:29 pm
by DougX
Brilliant, that answer the question, thanks Brian.
Re: Which model?
Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:03 pm
by 700SN
Hah it’s their continuous battle... everyone knows most people want proper BHP and lb ft torque!