Fail safe mode after hot start
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:35 pm
Hi I’m new..just bought a V8 supercharged today. Perfect 4 hr drive home. Parked up on drive then went to start up after 5 mins, foot slipped on to accelerator and revved it up in parking gear, it said fail safe mode. After that I could not accelerate at all so I just moved her back on drive.
Surely I don’t have to take her in to a garage because of that?
She just got serviced too and as a precaution I double checked oil and fluids and all are still topped up.
Does anyone know if perhaps the revving in park caused a temporary lock on the fail safe?
Do you think it is a temporary issue and will be ok in the morning?
Otherwise I’ll have to book in a code reader at my local garage which is a pain seeing I’ve only had her about 7 hours!
Help most appreciated!
Cheers
Stuart
Surely I don’t have to take her in to a garage because of that?
She just got serviced too and as a precaution I double checked oil and fluids and all are still topped up.
Does anyone know if perhaps the revving in park caused a temporary lock on the fail safe?
Do you think it is a temporary issue and will be ok in the morning?
Otherwise I’ll have to book in a code reader at my local garage which is a pain seeing I’ve only had her about 7 hours!
Help most appreciated!
Cheers
Stuart