Hello all
I am about to embark on the tensioners renewal on my x308, but I wondered of anyone had any experience with the locking tool.
I see these online and they look to be very keen on price relative to others on the market..
http://www.motorcarsltd.com/303-530.html
All observations most welcome..!
Cam locking tool
Re: Cam locking tool
Hi UMCD,
Probably made in China hence the low price but don't let that put you off.
Would do the job O K but might need some alteration to the flats to make it sit flat across the cams.
Here is a link to BrakeBuster's thread about changing the tensioners.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3324
Are you doing all of them or just the top ones?
If your doing all of them you will need more than just the cam locking tool.
Something like this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... n&_sacat=0
I take it you are in the USA and if so I have heard good reports on this guy if you are doing the whole lot.
https://christophersforeigncarparts.com/
Hope that helps and good luck.
Andy
Probably made in China hence the low price but don't let that put you off.
Would do the job O K but might need some alteration to the flats to make it sit flat across the cams.
Here is a link to BrakeBuster's thread about changing the tensioners.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3324
Are you doing all of them or just the top ones?
If your doing all of them you will need more than just the cam locking tool.
Something like this.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... n&_sacat=0
I take it you are in the USA and if so I have heard good reports on this guy if you are doing the whole lot.
https://christophersforeigncarparts.com/
Hope that helps and good luck.
Andy
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia
Re: Cam locking tool
Thanks Andy
I hadn't seen those locking kits - will definitely check them out.
Thank you also for the link to the guy in the US. as it happens I'm based in Ireland - but I'm sure he would deliver - the kit for the chains seems far more reasonable price wise than in Ireland or the UK.
I hadn't seen those locking kits - will definitely check them out.
Thank you also for the link to the guy in the US. as it happens I'm based in Ireland - but I'm sure he would deliver - the kit for the chains seems far more reasonable price wise than in Ireland or the UK.
2002 X308, 3.2L
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests
