Tow Vehicle
It is my intention to purchase a XJ8, do we have any members who tow a caravan with this car and could they tell me if they make a good tow car. Is it expensive to have a tow bar fitted with 13 pin electrics.
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red
Re: Tow Vehicle
the 308 is a capable tow car
however, I have no experience of fitting tow bars to them, BUT what I can tell you is that the previous X300 and XJ40, to have fitted correctly was an expensive job, there was a Jaguar interface module for the electrics, not a cheap bit of kit, I am not sure if a 308 needs one of these as I can see no mention of it
the good news however is that the correct towbar for your car is still available at circa 213 quid plus vat, direct from Jaguar part number JLM 20014
http://www.jaguarclassicparts.co.uk/htm ... onType=JCP
however, I have no experience of fitting tow bars to them, BUT what I can tell you is that the previous X300 and XJ40, to have fitted correctly was an expensive job, there was a Jaguar interface module for the electrics, not a cheap bit of kit, I am not sure if a 308 needs one of these as I can see no mention of it
the good news however is that the correct towbar for your car is still available at circa 213 quid plus vat, direct from Jaguar part number JLM 20014
http://www.jaguarclassicparts.co.uk/htm ... onType=JCP
88 3.6 XJ40 EX JDHT
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
Re: Tow Vehicle
Thank you robv12 for your fast and helpfull reply.
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
