Thinking of buying XJ8 3.2

Moderators:robv12, DavidEm

stuarthardy

Member
Posts:488
Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
Location:North Shropshire
Thinking of buying XJ8 3.2

Postby stuarthardy » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:45 pm

I have come across a nice looking XJ8 for sale.

Beautiful spotless bodywork in dark (Westminster?) blue with grey hide. Genuine 89000 miles with dealer fitted NEW (£4k) engine at 60000.

Looks absolutely stunning. Don't know the year because its on a private plate and the advert in its window doesn't state it but it is lovely.

Asking price is £2100 ono which isn't much for so much car.

What should I look for on test and inspection and under what circumstances should I walk away from it?

Thanks for any help. :)

Stuart


daveji

Member
Posts:336
Joined:Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:08 am

Postby daveji » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:40 am

Hello Stuart.
To play safe, I would urge you to ask the Club to inspect it for you.There is no better way to protect your money!
If its a "lemon in disguise" the seller will probably refuse to allow the Club Inspector to visit, so in that case you walk away!


stuarthardy

Member
Posts:488
Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
Location:North Shropshire

Postby stuarthardy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:13 pm

Thanks for excellent advice.

Who is the club inspector? How do I contact them and how much will it cost?

Regards
Stuart


daveji

Member
Posts:336
Joined:Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:08 am

Postby daveji » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:58 pm

Stuart
Contact the JEC Office for details, I'm sure they will help with arrangements. Phone 0117 969 8186 and ask for a Vehicle Inspection.
Good luck !

David




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests