Fuel pump 2000 Wreg 4.0 XJ8
Posted: Tue May 07, 2019 7:54 am
Morning I wondered if anyone could assist with this problem.
I have a 2000 W reg XJ8, cars been running fine, battery went flat so jump started it left running gave it a good blast up the road battery charged up all fine. Turned it off now won’t start? I have...
Checked fuel filter looks new changed not so long ago in history.
Put fuel in gauge is working fine I.e. definitely has fuel in.
Cannot hear fuel pump making noise when turn over.
Can hear clicking inside car from rear seat passenger side. Almost sounds like window?
Before I try find someone local to me (Shropshire) that could change fuel pump is there anything I could try first? Fuses, fuel cut off switch, etc?
Any assistance would be really helpful thank you
I have a 2000 W reg XJ8, cars been running fine, battery went flat so jump started it left running gave it a good blast up the road battery charged up all fine. Turned it off now won’t start? I have...
Checked fuel filter looks new changed not so long ago in history.
Put fuel in gauge is working fine I.e. definitely has fuel in.
Cannot hear fuel pump making noise when turn over.
Can hear clicking inside car from rear seat passenger side. Almost sounds like window?
Before I try find someone local to me (Shropshire) that could change fuel pump is there anything I could try first? Fuses, fuel cut off switch, etc?
Any assistance would be really helpful thank you