Page 1 of 1

GNA1710BF or GNA1710BE

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:59 pm
by ewenmacaulay
Can anyone confirm if these are exactly the same parts? The first is the front door waist seal for the X308 and the second is the same part for the X300. In simple terms are the doors in these cars exactly the same?
thanks
Ewen

Re: GNA1710BF or GNA1710BE

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:33 pm
by PeterDavisX300
Hi Ewan

I have replaced all four waist seals on my 1995 X300.

Front door near-side bright finish = GNA1711AE I paid £65, I believe there is no longer stock at that price and they're about £95

Front door off-side bright finish = GNA1710AE I paid £65, I now believe they are about £155

Rear door Near side bright finish = GNA2521AE I paid £95, I think they are still that price.

Rear door off-side bright finish = GNA2520AE I paid £285, a real killer, but the local garage felt sorry for me and took 25% off.

The X308 has the same finishers. Tricky to fit, especially the front with having to remove the door card and mirror, be careful, if you make a mistake it will be expensive. Allow 2 hrs for each front door carefully fitted, allow half an hour for the rears.

Peter

Re: GNA1710BF or GNA1710BE

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:44 pm
by ewenmacaulay
Thanks Peter so if I purchase the X300 waist seal it will fit the X308 front door?
Ewen

Re: GNA1710BF or GNA1710BE

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:07 pm
by PeterDavisX300
Hi Ewan

Same part number, but you can check here. https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/uk

Look up the part for the 308 and the 300, same part number.

Peter